Talk

Advanced search

New to Mumsnet...

(28 Posts)
Mumma2Bea Thu 16-Mar-17 16:25:59

Hello Mums,

New here on mumsnet... any tips? what do you love about it? Does anyone have a breakdown of the abbreviations and acronyms?

Thank you
Zoe xx

Comealongpond89 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:35:50

Welcome mumma I joined a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. There are conversations here for everyone.
Abbreviations are as follows
DS/DD/DC: dear son/daughter/child
OH/DP/DH: other half/dear partner/dear husband
LP: lone parent
AIBU: am I being unreasonable
WWYD: what would you do
MIL: mother in law
Think that's most of the common ones. Good luck. Have fun smile

ErrolTheDragon Thu 16-Mar-17 16:45:26

There is fairly comprehensive list of acronyms here

If you haven't already done so, its a good idea to have a read through the Talk Guidelines. One of the great things about MN is that it's largely unmoderated, but if you ever feel a poster is acting contrary to those guidelines, report and the MNHQ team will deal with it as apt.

There is a lot of great advice and support available, plus a good deal of sublime ridiculousness.grin welcome to MN!

Mumma2Bea Thu 16-Mar-17 17:12:23

Thank you so much, super helpful xxx

Footle Thu 16-Mar-17 19:20:02

Customise your account so that OP's ( original poster's )posts are highlighted in a particular colour.
Always try to read the whole thread before adding your own reply - but if you haven't got time, at least read all that the OP has written, which is quite easy once OP's name in highlighted.

Footle Thu 16-Mar-17 19:22:32

Oh, and there's no 'edit' button. Try to read through what you've written before posting.
Don't assume everyone here is the same age group, ethnicity, gender, or lives in the same country , as you.

user1490609580 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:07:48

Hi there mum of 4 children in desperate need of some friends to chat to feeling a wee bit lonely have little time but would like to chat

Jenitta Tue 04-Apr-17 14:38:24

Hi there I am new to mums net. I had one son of 12 year old. feeling so alone in this country so would like to have friends. Please feel free to ask me any suggestions on tips to train our children for grammar school.

user1491392154 Wed 05-Apr-17 12:43:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dikeledim123 Wed 12-Apr-17 00:53:16

Hi my name is Dikeledi im 32yrs and im new to Mumsnet Ive 2kids and Ive been sterelised 2012 so i like to fall pregnant again what can i do please help

Gracelavinia7 Wed 12-Apr-17 13:52:11

Hey girliessmile
I'm new to mums net!!
I'm 21 and going for my hycosy today!!!! I'm so nervous as I know it's kinda painful! any tips?

I've been struggling with my fertility since I was 16! I've been on clomid and letrazole and no lucksad I just feel like I'm never going to have children! I feel like I'm on my own xxx

Jill0711 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:42:48

Hi I'm new to mums net and hoping to become a registered childminders very soon . so any help to help me get through the ofsted registration will be very welcome

Moonandback1002 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:11:09

Hi I'm new to mums net!! I'm 35 and have one little boy who is 14 months old. My partner works rubbish hours so during the week it's just me and my boy! I'm a nursery nurse and have gone back to work 3 days a week, so currently juggling working mum life!
Looking for any one to chat to and share stories and advice

TaraO34 Sat 22-Apr-17 18:02:23

Hey Moonandback, sounds like we're in a similar boat, I'm new on here, 34 with an 18mth old girl, back at work part time 3 days and she goes to nursery 😊

I joined this as I have a small circle and find parenthood quite lonely at times (I have a husband who I chat to but it's not the same and I probs do his head in😂) so I thought where to start? I didn't go to the baby groups at the start.

If anyone else sounds like they'd like to have a chat and keep in touch we could maybe set up a chat group or something 😊 (I'm a bit dense on forums and find there are so many to keep up) x

Moonandback1002 Sun 23-Apr-17 01:25:59

It can be very lonely sometimes can't it. I moved away from where I'm originally from to live wit my partner so I don't really know anyone where I live now. I went to a few baby groups some were lovely others I found very clickey so I didn't go back again. A group chat would be great

user1492933625 Sun 23-Apr-17 09:09:19

Hi all. New to this site hope all is good smile

ClaireC101 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:56:56

Hi. New to the site. Glad I came across this thread, really helpful. Thanks.

Chrissy50 Wed 17-May-17 18:50:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

user1495050240 Wed 17-May-17 21:01:46

Hi everyone, I'm new to mumsnet. Me and my husband are trying to conceive our first baby. Is this group any good? Also we are interested in meeting new people, expanding our (small) social circle.
Kells xx

user1495132609 Thu 18-May-17 20:22:35

Hey I am new to Mumsnet, I am a mum to three teens and every day is different! I have a business which I set up when they were all tiny peeps so I could be with them. Looking forward to being part of mumsnet x

Em2018 Fri 19-May-17 10:20:46

Hi everyone,
This is my first post- I've just joined!
I'm 29, and 8 wks pregnant with my first child. I have started feeling hugely nauseous and exhausted the last few weeks and it's starting to get me down- even though I'm thrilled to be starting a family. I just feel pretty lonely, and am the first of my friends to get pregnant- so haven't got many people to talk to about it. Is there a page or support group you'd recommend? I was hoping to meet other newly pregnant mum's in my area.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

lesley2110 Sat 20-May-17 11:30:12

Hi all smile
I have joined in the hope of some help with Elleste Duet .....anxiety sad

MariesHouse7 Sun 21-May-17 16:58:57

Hi l am from huyton Liverpool and I am thinking of starting a play and stay group has anyone got any advice on how to get music, and other groups involved.

MariesHouse7 Sun 21-May-17 17:04:58

Hi
Can anyone give advice on how To go about getting people and activity groups involved in a play and stay group

Em1077 Sun 21-May-17 19:54:00

Hi.
I would like to post a survey for my dissertation. I am doing a study on wearable devices for healthcare monitoring. Such as Fitbit, Samsung gear, or any fitness trackers. Also, devices that monitor health conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure and other illnesses. All responses will be treated with strict confidentiality and all responses will be done anonymously. Please, could you advise if this is accepted and what the rules are?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now