Talk

Advanced search

Does a blanket count as a layer?

(6 Posts)
odincrannage Mon 06-Mar-17 17:59:57

Hi all. We are aware of the rule of thumb of baby has one more later than we do. We are due on 3 weeks and wondering when we bring the little en home does a blanket count as a layer. I don't want to over clothe it in the baby seat. Assuming vest and all in one (has integrated mitts and feet) and a hat would be ok in hospital and home and then we are wondering if a blanket for going home in carseat is enough or cardy AND a blanket is needed..... help!!

littleducks Mon 06-Mar-17 18:02:11

Cardy and blanket

No hats inside

pinkblink Mon 06-Mar-17 18:06:40

Take it all and see how it goes, my oldest was a hot baby and never wore a vest and my youngest really feels the cold, it's just trial and error, good luck

Indaba Fri 10-Mar-17 00:21:50

We used the baby sleeping bags. They come with a temperature gauge which makes life so simple: e.g. it comes with a chart that reads "its 18 degrees so dress baby in vest and the sleeping bag". Can't throw off covers, no uncertainty re temperature. Made life v easy: just buy a proper, good quality one if you can: cotton, well made, no dodgy zips.

kitkat321 Fri 10-Mar-17 00:25:04

Hi for journey home yes a blanket is fine as another layer. Morrick blankets are fab for the car seat as if you are worried that they are getting a bit warm you can open them up smile

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Fri 10-Mar-17 00:32:20

Yes a blanket counts as a layer. But remember that if you fold it over so that it's doubled up, it counts as two layers. Sounds obvious but sometimes gets forgotten in the sleep deprived new parent fog.

Trying to remember what we brought ours home in. I think it was a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and blanket. Plus the woolly hat. Our local maternity ward are obsessed with babies being bundled up to the eyeballs. Once we actually got home, we immediately ditched the hats and just had a vest and sleepsuit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: