Talk

Advanced search

Cold symptoms for nearly a year

(5 Posts)
DAC1974 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:58:10

My 2yr old daughter has suffered cold like symptoms for nearly a yr.Doctors put it down to teething, being in nursery or just a cold. She has a blocked nose, coughing, constipation and has become a really fussy eater.She is also violently sick 4-7 days out of a month.aside from this she is a healthy happy wee girl.has anyone one else has the same issues? Is it possible it could be an allergy the dairy ? Just need help doc are jyst useless..

Comealongpond89 Sat 04-Mar-17 17:46:10

How long has she been in nursery? My dd has been in nursery for 7 months (she's 20 months) and has been ill with various things from coughs, conjunctivitis, ear infections for the whole time. I work at a dr surgery so interact with Dr's a lot. Apparently children in nursery catch up to 12 infections a year. I was also a nursery nurse for 8 yrs. If she's sick a lot and has a mucus cough takin her off dairy might help. No harm in trying alternatives. Hope this helps smile

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Sat 04-Mar-17 19:46:51

Have you considered dietary intolerances? Dairy springs to mind with those symptoms but I am by no means an expert

DAC1974 Sat 04-Mar-17 22:08:17

That was my thoughts to.I have stopped all dairy as of thur night so 2 full days so far, she isn't as bad tonight.She hasn't had any other problems since starting nursery a yr ago apart from the usual colds ( with a temp) . I'm just sick of being fobbed off ..if keep her off dairy helps then going to demand a allergy test ..thanks for confirming my thoughts on a dairy free diet ..

sniffle12 Sat 04-Mar-17 22:18:41

Not sure about the vomiting but also consider respiratory allergies.... dust/pets/pollen being the big ones. Blocked nose and a cough are characteristic of chronic rhinitis (respiratory allergic reaction).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now