Advanced search

Council and benefit help!

(2 Posts)
Nicky210714 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:33:08

Hello, in new to this so please give me chance! Basically i currently live in a two bed property with my two young sons. The thing is my property is filled with mould which has continuously made my youngest son (1) come down with bronchilitous (sorry I don't know the correct spelling) I've had previous doctors note sent to the council and yet the council have told me I'm on a low housing need and will not move me, they've not done anything with the mould! Anyway I've recently found someone willing to do a house swap with me but it's a 3 bed property now me and my sons father split last December and has since been sofa surfing now because we have stayed good friend because of all of this I told him that if I got the property he could move in and have his own room providing he buys his own shopping cooks his dinners and pays for half the gas and electric etc. Now if we was to do this because we currently both get income support as he's a career would only one of us be allowed to have income support and the other JSA which I don't mind. I just want to see what would happen! Someone please help!confused

Comealongpond89 Sat 04-Mar-17 17:41:18

Hi. From your post I think you're saying he has a job. Unfortunately when you have someone living with you all of your benefits are affected. Especially as he works i think your benefits will decrease quite a lot. I'm not an expert but I'm a single mum in a 2 bed house and I work part time. When I started work my benefits did drop a bit. I think they drop more if you have someone living with you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: