Talk

Advanced search

Keep half the house in my name?

(1 Post)
user1474145159 Sat 11-Feb-17 23:01:14

I'm planning to buy a house with my husband and will be putting in deposit of £30 grand on a £330 grand house ( from my savings). I'm a stay at home mum, whereas my husband has a good income and, you'd think, should always have a job.
His health however is not great and he does get sick quite often. We also have a two year old. I don't know how much of what I've written here is relevant but my question is basically should I put half of the house in my name, or is it better to leave it all in his name (perhaps just sign some contract whereby in the event of separation he will owe me my deposit)?
I'm just concerned that should something happen I will not be able to pay the mortgage and might be left with a big debt. I was earning pretty much a minimum wage before we had a baby. I also have a flat ( in my sole name) and don't want the bank to go after it if say il end up with debt on the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now