Talk

Advanced search

South West Neighbourhood with great schools and easy commute?

(3 Posts)
user1485705791 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:25:58

Hello,

We are looking into buying a property in a neighborhood where we can be confident about finding a great state school. The location must be within a reasonable commute of Moorgate (EC2M) as we both work around there, i.e. around 1 hour, preferably less.

We currently live in Wimbledon and the area is lovely with great schools but too expensive to buy for our budget (£450K for 3 bedrooms).

Any advice about where to target our housing search? Thanks in advance for your comments.

BurntBaconQuiche Mon 06-Feb-17 22:21:09

450k for 3 bedrooms is not a lot for SW London (which is crazy, I know). Have you considered moving a bit further out into Surrey? It might fit your budget and requirements better.

CAB07 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:42:09

Have you come across a handy site called commutefrom. I always recommend as it's a great place to start to work out the commute. Also another site called locrating where you can find schools. There are some great areas but it does come at a price if you're looking to be one hour or less. You could look at surbiton, although there is a fair pressure on family houses, but also Kingston, East/west Molesey also an option perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now