Talk

Advanced search

Taxi to hospital

(7 Posts)
squeezapumunch Sun 15-Jan-17 22:36:10

Hi there,

My missus is expecting our first child in about 6 weeks time. I don't drive and we're a bit worried about how to get to the hospital when she goes into labour. Obviously there's 999, but does anyone know the local taxi firms that will take a woman to hospital (if there are any!). We're based in Orpington. Many thanks.

NickyEds Sun 15-Jan-17 22:38:44

We just rang the local taxi firm both times I went into labour - no problems at all with them.

BakeOffBiscuits Sun 15-Jan-17 22:38:58

You're probably best to ring around a few local frirms now and ask them if they will do it, when the time comes. I'm sure most would.

Good luck

Bundao Sun 15-Jan-17 22:42:23

I got a bus with my 4th grin Most taxi's will take pregnant women. We flagged down a taxi with my 3rd as I felt too close. The driver said "I've got towels love, you just hang in there and I'll get you there as quickly as I can". Most people have plenty of time, I would think last minute dashes are pretty rare for a first time.

Popskipiekin Sun 15-Jan-17 22:42:37

Yup ring round now. If you like, stock up on towels/incontinence pads/tena lady pants grin so you can reassure the taxi driver that their car is safe from spillage.
I used hailo to order a black cab when I was in labour - cabbie was absolutely lovely about it, I'm sure most of them would be.

squeezapumunch Mon 16-Jan-17 09:17:17

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate it.

jumpingcold Mon 16-Jan-17 09:19:25

Yeah I'd get something like this https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/continence-care/washable-bed-pads/washable-stay-dry-bed-pad-view-large?gclid=CLjGk-SqxtECFYIK0wod-dEDnQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now