Talk

Advanced search

Hello!

(12 Posts)
LiquoriceWheel Wed 14-Dec-16 09:54:15

Hello, I've been quite a long time 'lurker' but have finally plucked up the courage to join mumsnet! To be honest, this is my very first internet post ever and I'm a bit scared. I'm not a mother yet, but would dearly love to join y'all on the pregnancy boards someday. In the meantime I'll probably be found on the 'Weight loss chat', 'Style and beauty', and 'Money matters' boards. Not sure why anyone would care but there you go. Too plastered to take it back now smile. Yes, I needed dutch courage to do this! (I suppose you'll find me on general health and addiction support too?) smilesad Thanks so much for reading this far, I appreciate it very much! flowers Flower power! biscuit (my biscuit means yummy happy friendly treat for you) xx LiquoriceW

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Dec-16 13:35:19

Hello, Liquorice!

Thanks for introducing yourself flowers

A warm welcome to Mumsnet. We're so pleased to hear that you've plucked up the courage to join.

There are so many topics to choose from, we're sure you'll find more as you go along.

Thanks for the biscuit - might have already scoffed a few too many today... <hides wrappers>

On Mumsnet, the biscuit emoticon usually translates to 'no comment'. You're more than welcome to hand out cake! cake which literally just means cake!

If you ever need anything, do give us a shout.

LiquoriceWheel Thu 15-Dec-16 09:36:56

Thank you Lorna! cake smile

wishparry Thu 15-Dec-16 09:44:49

Hi liquorice.
I'm fairly new too.I think this is a wonderful site.so many people are lovely and have great advice.
cakeflowers
(Oh and thanks Lorna,never actually knew what the biscuit meant)

LiquoriceWheel Thu 15-Dec-16 10:46:51

Hello wishparry!

Yes, this site really is wonderful. There are so many intelligent, funny, kind, (naughty!) posters on here and I've learned so much from them. They are like fairy godmothers - always knowing the right things to say to help others posters out of a sticky spot!

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 17-Dec-16 16:51:12

LiquoriceWheel

What a lovely comment.

We do love reading posts like that, we're so glad you're enjoying it. More cake? cake

Mary500 Wed 21-Dec-16 20:29:10

Hello also new to the site. Just started reading some of the threads around dealing with difficult family situations at Christmas... which made me feel better that I am not the only one with such issues. Really interesting site

wishparry Wed 21-Dec-16 20:58:29

Hello Mary500.welcome ☺

LiquoriceWheel Thu 22-Dec-16 10:51:03

Hello Mary, welcome! cake

Needchange Sun 01-Jan-17 00:28:42

Heelllloooo, I'm a few days late, but that's normally the way with me! Ha. I'm new to, so Hya to you all. Bloody fireworks woke me up so I got on here to see who's up still.

LiquoriceWheel Sun 01-Jan-17 09:17:54

Happy new year Needchange I'm so glad 2016 is over cakecake

Needchange Sun 01-Jan-17 18:54:19

And a happy new year to you to liquirice, 😃 I am glad to, not been a great year realy, hope 20017 will be a better one. How's things for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now