Talk

Advanced search

Joined today!!!

(17 Posts)
Durney2014 Fri 04-Nov-16 11:03:52

Hi, I've just this minute joined Mumsnet and I've posted one topic this morning, so I'm still learning how to use it. I'm hoping this will give me the help when I need it, as I work full time I don't get to any groups so don't have the support from other moms.

I also don't know the right terms and what they are form - can anyone else : what is DD etc?

Lizwilliams Fri 04-Nov-16 15:38:36

Hi I'm also new today

Scoose Fri 04-Nov-16 15:45:05

Hi welcome to Mumsnet grin
Dd - darling daughter
Ds - darling son
Dh - darling husband
Dp - darling partner
Dsis - darling sis (and so on)
Odfod - oh do fuck off dear
Taat - thread about a thread (frowned upon)
There a loads more but you will work them out as you go along

ErrolTheDragon Fri 04-Nov-16 15:45:19

Welcome! Here is the handy List of Acronyms, without which many threads are incomprehensible.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 04-Nov-16 15:47:15

And here are the Talk Guidelines

Because MN is not pre-moderated, it's a good idea to take a look at those.

legotits Fri 04-Nov-16 15:49:39

Start in the nice places and not AIBU.

It gets a bit daft in there sometimes and it's better to get a feel first.

Classics is good for any in jokes.

smile

JayneAusten Fri 04-Nov-16 22:53:38

I'm new too! Welcome.

suZAN2154 Thu 10-Nov-16 04:50:29

Im new just getting used to everything looking around

K1Dx Thu 10-Nov-16 19:27:50

Can Dads join? Should I leave hmm

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Thu 10-Nov-16 19:30:15

I'm not even a parent (nor will I ever be, thankfully!) - in fact there are loads of non parents and a fair few men so you're fine K1

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Thu 10-Nov-16 19:32:42

Spend some time looking round the site before you jump in too deeply - get a feel for it. AIBU can be vicious. We don't do Hun, hubby or kisses at the end of posts grin

And you can swear as much as you like - no need to asterisk the rude words.... grin

Welcome and have fun!

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 10-Nov-16 19:45:15

It's also useful to know that while it's great to offer people wine, brew, flowers or cake, giving someone a biscuit is a sign that you're not impressed.

nannynick Thu 10-Nov-16 20:01:09

I'm a bloke and I am not a parent... been here for years smile

If you have something to offer the community you will be welcomed. It can be wise to read a lots of posts and find topic areas where you feel at home. I work in childcare, so I camp out on the Home Childcare section mostly but also like other things like discussions on Volcanoes which we had over at Weather when Iceland last had some good lava flow.

threequestions Fri 11-Nov-16 13:12:30

Also new and joined today. I'm a new mum. One woman, a computer and a baby

ErrolTheDragon Fri 11-Nov-16 15:09:09

K1Dx - while the site name may be 'MumsNet', it's motto is 'By parents, for parents' - but actually anyone who wants to join is welcome, so long as they follow the Talk Guidelines mentioned below. So welcome and no need for the hmm grin !

Jane555 Fri 11-Nov-16 15:22:24

Hello hi smile

CharlotteBagg13 Fri 11-Nov-16 16:02:45

Hi there, just joined mumsnet today as a first time mum to be. Quick question for you all. Has anyone given birth or is planning to give birth at St Peters hospital in Chertsey. I have heard mixed reviews and wondered what everyone's thoughts are? Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now