Talk

Advanced search

New baby gift

(5 Posts)
user1476771921 Tue 18-Oct-16 07:35:33

Hi all!

This is my first time here. I'm not a mum and I know very little about babies hmm.

My closest and oldest friend has just had a baby by emergency c-section. She was really keen for it to be natural so I know even though she'll be positive about it all because of the way she is, she might be upset deep down.

Until she's ready for me for me to head over to meet the baby, I wanted to send her something for her. Was thinking a food hamper of some sort, just a smal gesture so she can focus on recovery and being a new mum rather than worrying about food!

As very new mums, could I ask what you liked to receive as a gift for you (ie for yourself, not the baby - the baby's presents will be given when I meet him!)? And if you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Emma

user1476771921 Tue 18-Oct-16 11:53:10

Anyone?

EssentialHummus Tue 18-Oct-16 12:05:32

Bumping for you...

I'm also not a mum, but what's gone down well in the past with friends is food she can eat one-handed while BFing (if she's doing that), lots of nice snacks, and maybe good ready meals (Cook, for example) so she's got a stocked freezer. One friend really appreciated me buying her a thermos-type mug, so her tea stayed warm even if it took her several hours to drink it!

Other ideas... if she's a fan of cheese a board of all the gooey French stuff she'd have missed?

SWatson219 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:29:31

Hi, I've had 2 kids and what I really appreciated was often food related! So either ready meals, Cook vouchers, stocking up my fridge with simple things like milk, bread, etc. And then all the food I couldn't eat when pregnant so things like soft cheeses and sushi . Alternatively chocolate and flapjacks for keeping energy levels up are also fab.

Also, hand cream! As you wash your hands A LOT with newborns...

Kind of you to get anything for your friend though. Hope it goes well!

AnnaAkh Sun 23-Oct-16 15:09:10

Hi, I'm a mum with 4 months old son and I'd agree about food related suggestions above. You don't get much time for cooking when you have a newborn so ready meals would be ideal as long as they're healthy ones. Just check with your friend whether there's some food she's not having especially if she's BF. Fruits like bananas and apples could be a good idea too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now