Talk

Advanced search

I'm a newbie too!

(13 Posts)
EmilyxBx Tue 11-Oct-16 14:18:09

Hi everyone, I've just joined up here and having a mooch through the site.

I live in Woodford, am married with a 7 year old son.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you may be doing!

Emily x

OutDamnedWind Tue 11-Oct-16 14:23:26

Hello smile You might not get much response over here, Newbies Corner doesn't get used much!

Chat and Active are good places to start. Be wary of AIBU, it can be a bit full on. Would advise newbies to steer clear unless you've got your steel knickers on!

Jinglebellsandv0dka Wed 12-Oct-16 23:27:39

Didn't even know it was here!!

Hello emily smile

elephantoverthehill Wed 12-Oct-16 23:32:25

Hi Emily . Welcome, ignore all the 'nest of vipers' stuff, most posters are really quite reasonable.

EmilyxBx Thu 13-Oct-16 06:40:17

Thanks everyone, I'm still having a look through things at the moment when I have the chance but thanks for the advice x

OutDamnedWind Thu 13-Oct-16 08:11:07

Oh, one thing, you'll find people don't tend to use their real names or give out too much about who they are. Absolutely not a reason not to, but can see it might seem a bit unfriendly when it's really not. Just one of those things smile

Imnewhere1234 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:10:11

Hi ! Sorry to post in here but how do I start a new thread ?

BastardGoDarkly Thu 13-Oct-16 15:11:50

Go on the topic you want to post on, there'll be a 'start thread in this topic' button at the top.

Gowgirl Thu 13-Oct-16 15:17:53

Hi all, aibu is a bit fiesty today, if your feeling fragile best start with chat! Good luck

Firethehorse Fri 21-Oct-16 14:24:34

Another newbie. I'm from the UK but have been living abroad for 7 years now - great to read some Brit humour and news

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Oct-16 17:00:21

Hello and welcome to Mumsnet flowers

Hope you're finding your way around the site okay!

Portolady85 Mon 31-Oct-16 23:28:26

I'm also new and posted a thread but don't know if anyone can read it.really need help with maternity allowance advice and can't seem to find any 😥😥😥

OutDamnedWind Tue 01-Nov-16 19:56:04

Portolady The board you've posted on (Parenting) is normally quite quiet and not many people look in there - you might find more responses if you post in Money Matters or Chat - start a new thread with a clear title, perhaps 'Question about maternity allowance and self-employment'. Click 'add new thread' (click on the little down arrow if you're on a phone)

It is also quite a specific question, so you'll find probably lots of people just don't know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now