Bullying?

(5 Posts)
user1476131995 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:00:26

Oh dear. Just four weeks into Reception and we've already hit a potential problem. My son seems generally happy in class, but has started to claim another boy is hitting and hurting him. He told his dad before he went to bed, and he was apparently pretty upset. He's known this kid since nursery and I've often seen them do stuff together without any apparent aggression. In fact, in the playground this afternoon they were playing Tag without any signs of things getting out of control. I have seen this boy get rough with other kids, though. He's a very big lad for his age (as is my son.) Anyway, I'm quite friendly with his mum. Wondering if I should raise this with her, or talk to the teacher about it at parents' evening.

DonkeyOaty Mon 10-Oct-16 22:03:29

Please please take it to school sooner than parents evening. A big no-no to raise with the parent.

DonkeyOaty Mon 10-Oct-16 22:04:09

Oops should have said welcome to MN blush

How rude!

user1476131995 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:10:59

Thanks. I've no idea what the etiquette is on Mumsnet, so not to worry smile

Parents' Evening is tomorrow, so there won't be much time lost. I think you're right, but I feel a bit guilty, 'cos the other mum's a really nice lady. And I don't know the full story. There could be a fair bit of tit for tat going on between the two of them. Then again, the teachers are in a better place to judge than me, I guess.

DonkeyOaty Mon 10-Oct-16 22:19:58

Ah tomorrow will be fine in that case. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now