Talk

Advanced search

Newbie.....Partner getting tattoos of his kids.

(7 Posts)
Penny41 Thu 01-Sep-16 22:15:15

I really don't mind the fact that he is getting tattoos as he had sort of decided on pictures he had drawn, now all of a sudden he has changed to pictures of his kids on his arm. I feel it is a guilt thing because he only sees them half of the week but it is a lot more than some kids get. My ex only sees my daughter once a week.
I kinda find it a bit weird & don't really want to see them constantly especially when we are being intimate. Thoughts please....

pinkyredrose Fri 02-Sep-16 09:54:27

You need to grow up. It's his body. What do you mean by 'only' sees them halt the week? So he has 50% residency then? He's sounding pretty good to me, yes it's def more than a lot of kids get. Be supportive, it's his body and he can do what he likes with it, same as you can.

Penny41 Fri 02-Sep-16 18:23:00

Thanks for your response.
I agree it's his body & can do what he wants I would never stop him anyway. Yes he is a great dad, has 50% residency & loves his kids. Which is one of the things I love about him.
You're probably right it's me that has the issue, just don't know how I feel about 2 large tattoos of his kids on display constantly, I guess I'll need to learn to live it.

Mozismyhero Fri 02-Sep-16 18:25:25

No, tattoos of your kids are awful
Imo. You can't stop him but I would hate my DH to get tats of our children.

CrazyOldBagLady Fri 02-Sep-16 18:38:28

I'm with you OP , I'd be pretty horrified. Maybe you could gently steer him into getting their names instead? Might be slightly better seeing that, than little Jimmy's toothy grin every time you're getting jiggy.

CrazyOldBagLady Fri 02-Sep-16 18:40:36

You could suggest the children could be embarrassed when they are older, especially if they don't come out quite as good likenesses?! (Christ Jimmy, you were an ugly boy!)

Penny41 Mon 05-Sep-16 09:33:11

Thanks for the responses, I don't think he is going to shift on this.
I will try the children could be embarrassed when they are older line, failing that I will just need to live with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now