Need advice on moving to a new location.

(10 Posts)
emmanmiah Sun 14-Aug-16 23:26:35

Hi everyone. I am using this forum for the first time and i need advice as hubby, our 2 boys and i are looking to move to luton as he's got a new job offer. We currently live in cardiff. I have never been to luton and i wonder if anyone lives there? I would like advice on which areas would best suit a family that are looking for good schools, parks, sports facilities ( boys are 5 and 9), countryside walks and a community feel. Also lots of activities to keep the boys occupied. Apologies if its a big ask but i couldnt think of a better place to ask. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

legotits Sun 14-Aug-16 23:32:41

Welcome to Mumsnet. smile

I once got a parking ticket in Luton, based entirely on that Luton is rubbish.

Yorkshire is the way!

IwannaSnorlax Sun 14-Aug-16 23:34:42

I can't comment on Luton as I don't know it, but wishing you all the best & bumping for you!

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 14-Aug-16 23:44:45

You might be better posting in the Chat forum, just for traffic. I only saw your post because Iwanna bumped it. Sorry I can't be more help than that, I've flown into/out of the airport but know no more.

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 14-Aug-16 23:46:45

Can you try the Mumsnet Local section, for Luton?

I've never been there, sorry. But good luck with your exciting new start. smile

PurpleDaisies Sun 14-Aug-16 23:47:31

I agree-either chat or maybe mumsnet local? I don't know Luton at all but I'm about to move a long way from home to a city we don't know. It's exciting and scary. Good luck to you.

Just as a warning, "hubby" is hated on here-you might be better using "dh" or "husband" instead.

IwannaSnorlax Sun 14-Aug-16 23:48:12

Good point Hirples, I'd get it moved to chat Op, as more traffic there.

emmanmiah Mon 15-Aug-16 07:06:00

Thankyou all..will try the chat forum and will use dh next time lol! What does it stand for?? I best not write what came to mind wink haha

IwannaSnorlax Mon 15-Aug-16 10:03:59

DH = Dear (or darling) husband.

Just report your thread & ask MN to move it to chat & you should get a lot more traffic there especially during the day.

emmanmiah Mon 15-Aug-16 11:24:50

Thanks for that, I tried chat and getting more responses. I also want to try the MN local.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now