Same sex families south wales

(8 Posts)
niclang Sun 31-Jul-16 14:47:03

Hi everyone blush apologies if this wrong, but only started on her earlier.
Just wondering if there are any other same sex couples with children within the south Wales area.
My partner and I have a four year little boy, who we adopted at 9 months old, now he is starting reception class in September and we are concerned about possible bullying ( I know it can happen to all children), we would like some advice or even meet up with other same sex couples with children too, thank you all

niclang Sun 31-Jul-16 14:49:43

Apologies for spelling and grammar I'm writing from a phone which is doing its own thing, and my four year old is tugging at me to watch horrid Henry

Hadagutsful Sun 31-Jul-16 15:05:49

Hi, there's an active thread in Being a Parent > LGBT parents for people in and around the Cardiff area if that helps. smile welcome to Mumsnet!

Hadagutsful Sun 31-Jul-16 15:06:41

Oops just saw you already posted on that! Good stuff. grin

ASpiderInThebath Sun 31-Jul-16 15:11:21

Hi, I'm not in a same sex couple but there are two same sex couples with children at my children's school (we're in South Wales too). Afaik there hasn't been any bullying or anything negative said about the family set up. The children are popular members of the school with lots of friends. Families come in all shapes and sizes. Try not to let it worry you.

niclang Sun 31-Jul-16 17:13:05

Thank you though smile

niclang Sun 31-Jul-16 17:18:33

Thank you, just abit apprehensive as we live in a small town and myself And partner have had a few comments made to us and weve had our little boy with us and hes asked what the names ment sad we are abit anxious about 'big boy school' and what the other may say, as the people who called us these names have children in the same school as where our little boy will be starting in September. Thank yoy

ASpiderInThebath Sun 31-Jul-16 18:28:11

Oh, sorry to hear that niclang, that's horrible sad. Hopefully those people will be in the miniority.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now