Talk

Advanced search

Hello,I'm new

(13 Posts)
user1466162801 Sat 18-Jun-16 08:21:34

Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker on this site and have now decided to be a contributor. I love all the discussions, debates, differences of opinions etc, but why the excessive use of the word cunt on the forums?
Is it really necessary?

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 08:23:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

user1466162801 Sat 18-Jun-16 08:31:51

I'm trying to, just trying to find out how to. But would you call someone a cunt in real life?

n0ne Sat 18-Jun-16 08:34:51

Pretty standard mate banter where I come from

Gruach Sat 18-Jun-16 08:43:09

So your first contribution is to try to change the site? hmm

KateLivesInEngland Sat 18-Jun-16 08:44:22

It's not harmless banter where I come from. I can take it on here, although no one has ever directed it at me yet. And I've heard people say it in conversation and not particularly batted an eyelid but I'd be giving you a wide berth if you continually used it in conversation in front of me/to me.
I know it can be regional, my friend is married to a Londoner and he uses it a lot but I hate the word.

I agree, change your username as soon a you get chance smile

bloodymaria Sat 18-Jun-16 08:44:33

You've used it op grin

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 08:46:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

user1466162801 Sat 18-Jun-16 08:48:12

Ok, fair enough but no one has ever called me that( to my face anyway) and I have never heard it in conversation about anyone where I come from .Guess, I'll just have to get used to it.

RatOnnaStick Sat 18-Jun-16 08:52:03

Hello and welcome. After you've verified our email you can change your username to something better by going to My Mumsnet - Account - Username and choose something you like. Stay off the numbers. People are suspicious of usernames with numbers.

Cunt is just a word. Like dick. It is only rude if it's used rudely. Mumsnetters are generally quite relaxed about these things.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 18-Jun-16 08:57:22

Cunt is actually an acronym for see you next thread on here, didn't you know? shock
I haven't actually come across a huge number of cunts on mumsnet, most people are lovely. You do need to grow a thick skin though. Good luck smile

MrsWembley Sat 18-Jun-16 09:04:08

Hellosmile

I don't use that word myself, but I have no objection to other women here using it. And that's why I stay. That and the fact that I can fucking say fuck whenever the fuck I like...

They don't swear on Nethuns, apparently.

user1466162801 Sat 18-Jun-16 09:26:16

Do you mean Netnuns?😊 don't mind me - I just hate gratuitous swearing.I hear effing and jeffing on the street and it makes me cringe. But hey ho, horses for courses and all that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now