Talk

Advanced search

First time mum to be, overdue and fed up of 'any signs' messages

(5 Posts)
DL1977 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:34:45

My first ever thread and I'm going to do nothing but moan so firstly, I'm sorry!

Having fallen pregnant naturally straight after a failed IVF session, it all came as a big shock. It still is to be fair and I feel really anxious that something could still go wrong. My medical history is quite a novel: cancer, renal failure, prosthetic replacement operations, partially sighted, dialysis.....It's all made me a bit of a control freak and I just didn't realise how out of control being pregnant would make me feel.

I'd love to have been an excited mum to be but if anything I've put it all to the back of my mind and carried on with life as much as I could.

I now find myself 5 days overdue and incredibly anxious and frustrated. 95% of the frustration comes from how others around me are behaving. How ridiculous are the 'any signs' messages?! I can't cope! It's all very nice that people care that we are adding to the human race but 'any signs' what do they want to hear? 'Yes, I'm 3cm dilated and my mucus plug has fallen out? Plus, I'm quite private on social media but not now. The amount of 'any baby news?' posts and the one that tipped me over the edge 'get a move on, we're waiting'......!!!! How can people be so insensitive?

If there's anybody out there who finds themselves in a similar situation, I'd love to know how you coped with being overdue. I've already had a sweep, which obviously hasn't worked. Can you please let me know if i can be booked in to be induced straight after my 2nd sweep or how long after i have to wait please? (Second sweep booked in for Thursday) Also, how did you cope with the ridiculous 'any signs' messages from everyone and anyone. I'm slowly turning in to a hermit, having deactivated social media and turning my phone off when I'm with my husband as I don't need it to contact him.

WineOrSleep Mon 25-Apr-16 22:04:55

Didn't want you to have no-one reply when you're a newbie!, so hopefully this will bump for you

Can only suggest curry, castor oil and wink..... to help get things moving?

almostthirty Mon 25-Apr-16 22:07:35

Try sex. Within an hour for both of mine I was in labour. Also turn off your phone. Put a message on fb to say if anyone needs to contact you go through dh. Get him to deal with it all.

Eminado Mon 25-Apr-16 22:08:39

I switched off my phone when i went 11 days over.

And my ONLY (apparently) sane friend brought me a huge lavendar plant and didnt ask anything about signs etc. I could have kissed her.

Induction varies from hospital to hospital ime - is your hospital's policy on their website?

I had three sweeps!

Good luck!

AlexandraEiffel Mon 25-Apr-16 22:14:44

Just send them this link grin

http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now