I want to be honest, but no one can handle it....

(19 Posts)
Goodgirlturnevil Fri 05-Jun-20 16:09:29

My views on everything I could ever possibly believe in, have changed dramatically over the past couple of years, and not one person I have spoken to about my views and opinions, can handle it. Does that make me wrong? Or honest! I want to create an honesty page. For only HONEST people...

OP’s posts: |
Bluntness100 Fri 05-Jun-20 16:10:33

I think if everyone thinks you’re wrong then I’d say there is a good chance you are.

Want to give us some examples?

Burpalot Fri 05-Jun-20 16:13:14

Yes what are these views. It's unlikely you're the only 'right' person isn't it?

Burpalot Fri 05-Jun-20 16:13:55

Also, are you sure you aren't confusing opinions and facts?

dickiedavisthunderthighs Fri 05-Jun-20 16:15:54

You can be as honest as you like but you have to understand it's only your truth.
I'm guessing if people 'can't handle' your opinions they may be pretty unpalatable.

Diverseduvet Fri 05-Jun-20 16:16:00

What does this even mean? Can you give some examples please?

TorkTorkBam Fri 05-Jun-20 16:20:21

Usually you change friends when you go through a big change. Like if you were religious but became atheist or changed religion. Like if all the Momentum stuff made you think harder about what the right-on left are actually saying and decided they are wrong.

Smallsteps88 Fri 05-Jun-20 16:20:40

I want to create an honesty page. For only HONEST people

So.... do it. Why are you asking here?

Pipandmum Fri 05-Jun-20 16:22:08

What do you mean they can't handle it? People don't care about your opinions as much as you do.

TorkTorkBam Fri 05-Jun-20 16:23:08

What can't they handle?

Have you become vegan?
Taken up selling aloe vera shit?
Joined EDL?

asmallplace Fri 05-Jun-20 16:25:27

Yes examples please!

iklboo Fri 05-Jun-20 16:30:53

We're going to need more info before we can comment. You can start your own blog page anytime.

HeIsAVeryBadBoy Fri 05-Jun-20 16:34:56

I need examples

passthemustard Fri 05-Jun-20 16:41:37

Are you being honest or just a bit of a dick?

We need context

DamnYankee Fri 05-Jun-20 16:49:40

They can't handle the fact you've changed so much, or they can't handle your opinions.

And, yes, the whole opinions v. facts thing...tricky, tricky sometimes.

Smallsteps88 Fri 05-Jun-20 17:05:51

It’s a bit ironic that you say you want to have an honesty page for only honest people. That implies the people who have objected to your opinion are being dishonest. Do you think they are pretending to disagree with you? You realise that if you start an honesty page those same people would be entitled to express their disagreement with your opinions? It’s an honesty page so Their honesty is no less valid than yours. Perhaps you mean you want to start a “agree with me page”

3LittleMonkeyz Fri 05-Jun-20 17:38:24

This sounds like that

"I'm just being honest... " followed by racism/sexism/homophobia/anti immigration.

A bit like the "I know this might offend some people but..."
Sometimes ended with "you know you all agree with me really your just too chicken to say it"

If everybody's disagreeing with you then I would double check what you are saying is not discrimination or bullying. If it is against a minority group of any variety it is most likely discriminatory. If it involves generalisations and stereo types, that's probably discrimination too.

Or it's far fetched conspiracy theories. One or the other, maybe both.

3LittleMonkeyz Fri 05-Jun-20 17:41:36

You can be discriminatory towards somebody even if you belong to the same minority group. Women be sexist, black people can be racist. Internalised misogyny, internalised racism, these are the most dangerous kinds.

JudithGrimes Fri 05-Jun-20 18:05:15

Op has started at least three of these threads today

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in