Peri menopause

(8 Posts)
Letl02in Tue 11-Jun-19 17:28:57

Anyone peri menopausal on here around 48 years old and been prescribed Hrt with most symptoms but not yet getting hot flashes? Symptoms: feeling very low and feeling so low you don't actually understand why people like you! Body aches, always tired, not getting great night sleep due to breast aching and night sweats, monthly is now every 2 weeks. Terrible memory and foggy brain. Eye sight suddenly decreased. Am desperate to talk to someone who is going through similar problems x

OP’s posts: |
sunflower888 Thu 20-Jun-19 01:41:53

I have when I was 44.... early! It sounds like the HRT hasnt kicked in. How long have you been on it? I'm on HRT but there are many types and in the beginning one type didnt work for me, there are tablet, creams, gels, patches, etc etc.

blubblubblub Thu 20-Jun-19 02:14:23

45 here and have just started. No hrt yet. Hot flashes, poor sleep (and I used to be the best sleeper), really moody. But no night sweats.

Lunapower Wed 26-Jun-19 15:53:39

Feel the same , realised now that my perimenopause started when I was 46 I'm now 49. Started having missed period last year , currently on three months missed periods. With hot flushes at night. Similar system felt no one liked me. Lack confidence etc

Clara62 Tue 09-Jul-19 09:25:07

Sucks doesn’t it.. my last period was in 2004, so I’m there!
There’s not much you can do about the night sweats which are the most deliberating because of your lack of sleep which leaves you tired and irritated the next morning. Try and find time to be on your own (because everyone irritates)
Lavender spray on your pillow.
For instant energy try fresh beetroot, it really works.
Estrogen levels will be low.. tofu and soya milk mimic estrogen, though tastes vile.
Try collagen supplements.. (marine) they won’t help with your night sweats or mood swings, but you’ll see the difference with your skin, hair, nails.. every little helps.
Eat more protein, to combat mussel loss.
You will get through this, l have embraced the menopause, and would not want to go back. Hope this helps .. courage

Letl02in Mon 25-May-20 10:23:24

Omg! I have just come back to this post after when I first posted! Thank you so much guys for your replies. I couldn't get back onto Mumsnet after joining. I have been taking Elleste diet 1mg for 4 months now and I have started to feel better after taking it for 3 months! My mother in law is 73 and has been taking it for 45 years! So far so good with good sleep and lots more energy. I will only do it for a few years though so that my bones get stronger. Is anyone else taking hrt?

Letl02in Mon 25-May-20 11:07:14

Hope you are feeling better Luna power? It is the most awful experience when you feel so down and you feel like everyone hates you. It is a really lonely experience.

Letl02in Mon 25-May-20 11:10:34

Hi sunflower 88, how long have you been taking Hrt? I started with the gel but it didn't work for me as well as the Elleste duet x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in