Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety - Natures Body Guard

(3 Posts)
CollyWombles Sat 28-Apr-18 19:52:09

This is a personal perspective on Anxiety, looking at it from a positive perspective rather than a negative. It is my first post on my blog and I would be grateful for any feedback, be it good or bad. Thanks!

Anxiety Natures Body Guard

cakedup Sat 28-Apr-18 20:12:54

Easier to post feedback on here...I thought it was very interesting to read and I agree with you. I do think accepting an episode of anxiety rather than fighting it works out better. Fighting it just increases the anxiety.

I recently was on my way to meet an old acquaintance. I was really tired/run down and had some reservations as this person used to fancy me but ignored both of these things and felt obliged to be polite and accept his offer to meet up. On the way, I started getting really anxious. It increased to the point of feeling I was on the brink of a panic attack. But it forced me to consider how uncomfortable I was in this situation, and how much I wanted and needed to just go home and rest. Ì cancelled the meet up and the anxiety began to ease.

Anyway, nicely written, I liked the bodyguard analogy.

CollyWombles Sat 28-Apr-18 20:57:58

That's fantastic that you listened to yourself and gave yourself the rest you needed. It's taken years of anxiety to develop the view that it is there to help us and that working with it instead of against it helps to calm it. In my experience anyways. Thanks so much for the feedback and I'm so pleased you felt the bodyguard analogy worked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: