Talk

Advanced search

Buying Silk Pyjamas !

(7 Posts)
mumjimmer Fri 21-Mar-14 11:14:24

Mother has asked for a 2 piece long sleeve silk pyjamas set for her birthday - size 12-14, ideally black.
Can I find some that are not in China!?...
Also, many adverts say silk/satin, this is not silk,... right.
I need them in my hand by the 27th March...

any clues?
I am also not sure which websites are scammers and which are legit.
A reliable service of reasonable quality in the UK is all that is required.
With mothers day approaching you would have thought the market would be flooded with them.
I would have bought M&S, but it would seem the Autograph Silk ones are out of stock, there is Autograph Satin, but this is not the same as silk is it?!

hmm

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 21-Mar-14 11:16:42

Does your DM really want SILK? Or does she want somethign SILKY? Silk pyjamas would take a lot of looking after, and be vv expensive.

mumjimmer Fri 21-Mar-14 11:30:38

She specified silk, I assume because it keeps you cool. She takes a lot of holidays where the climate is hot.
If something silky might do the trick, then silky it could be.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 21-Mar-14 13:46:09

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-hof-Site/default/Search-Show?q=silk%20pyjamas

Hope you've got your credit card handy!

mumjimmer Fri 21-Mar-14 15:43:36

Gordon Bennet!!! - anything more realistic, I'd expect some woven gold in there for that price.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 21-Mar-14 15:46:37

Silk is expensive. That's why I asked if she really does want silk, as opposed to silky. I'd expect silk to need hand washing too, with special detergent.

Orangeanddemons Fri 21-Mar-14 15:47:37

Silk is a fibre, satin is a fabric usually made from silk. It refers to how the silk is woven. However, you can get lots of other silk fabrics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now