Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Toilet trained for 4 months, now wetting himself ALL DAY - Any ideas why??

(8 Posts)
happy1 Thu 18-Aug-05 06:19:46

I thought I'd cracked it, DS has been dry and clean day and night for nearly 4 months, but for the past week he's been wetting himself during day, and wetting the bed. I'm finding it really hard not to lose it with him, I can't think of any reason for it. Unless it's because playgroup has finished for summer - change of routine perhaps? I don't know. He doesn't drink that much, especially after 5, but doesn't seem to help. DH keeps saying put him back in nappies at night, but I think thats defeating the object, he's nearly 3.5 and starting nursery school in sept. Any advice?

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 07:12:48

Its a pain when this happens isnt it! Dont cut down on drinks, imo, if they are thirsty it doesnt affect the weeing! You can underdrink (is that a word?) and still wee, so he could be not having enough!!
Think really hard if anything has changed..diet routine, upset in the family? Is he just really active and forgetting? Just remind him every so often and lift him when you go to bed!
Good luck!

stripey Thu 18-Aug-05 07:27:51

I found when ds1 regressed it was due to stress i.e starting pre school nursery, dh away or sometimes he would do it to get me wound up. He was around 4 then and would actually say "if you don't do this I will wet myself".

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 07:32:06

Have you asked him why he thinks its happening?

Hattie05 Thu 18-Aug-05 07:39:09

This is common and often will be for attention, if not then maybe something physical - which you could rule out by asking your gp to test his urine.

I think you are right to not go back to nappies, but if there comes a point where you are losing your temper over it and its becoming a big issue, it would be better for all to revert to nappies for a while and then start again once all is forgotten.

happy1 Thu 18-Aug-05 15:28:20

Thanks everyone! I have asked him why, he just says 'I don't know'. Also tried lifting him when we go to bed, but he just gets upset and won't do one. I'll just have to keep on at it!

Ericblack Thu 18-Aug-05 16:19:46

My son was out of nappies for 2 months at age 2 then regressed for about 3 months and then went dry again. I'm not sure it's something you can force so I must admit I put him back in nappies as that's what he wanted. He asked to have one on again and then asked not to and has been fine ever since. And with night time nappies he stopped at 3 and that was that. Again, his own choice. Do I sound like the Modern Parents???

Ericblack Thu 18-Aug-05 16:19:46

My son was out of nappies for 2 months at age 2 then regressed for about 3 months and then went dry again. I'm not sure it's something you can force so I must admit I put him back in nappies as that's what he wanted. He asked to have one on again and then asked not to and has been fine ever since. And with night time nappies he stopped at 3 and that was that. Again, his own choice. Do I sound like the Modern Parents???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now