Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

OK - bizarre question coming up = Huggies Swim Nappies.....

(44 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 20:03:26

or maybe they're pampers - can't remember without checking.

Anyhow, we've still got absolutely zero cash to our name, and DS2 (20 months) is flat out of nappies but I've got 2 packs of swim nappies in the cupboard (that I won in a competition a month or so back)..........could I use the swim nappies during the day - will they hold everything in????

Gillian76 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:05:30

Oh gosh, I don't know! Not sure I'd count on it...

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:05:35

Think they only hold poo not wee so the wee would flood out in theory sorry.

Don't know what to suggest???

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 20:07:29

ok - thanks [frown]............anyone want to buy 2 packs (unopened) of Huggies Swim Nappies and can get the money to me tomorrow LOL

womba1 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:10:51

QoQ... i've just looked at a pack i have and it doesn't say... but i would have thought they'd hold in poo and wee. It kind of defeats the object if they don't!!

Gillian76 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:11:34

What size do you need? I have a pack of Asda nappies that are useless for DS - don't know why, they did the DDs ok.

They are maxi (15-40lbs) and I honestly don't mind posting them to you tomorrow

Gillian76 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:12:14

They are open, btw, but about 3/4 left.

Hattie05 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:13:40

wee runs straight out of the swimmers.

What about making your own terry towellings out of towels and nappy pins?

NomDePlume Wed 17-Aug-05 20:14:20

I would say that the swimmers nappy would be fine as an emergency nappy, but I would change them more often than you would a normal nappy as they are not as absorbent

bubblerock Wed 17-Aug-05 20:14:33

They don't - I was lucky enough to find this out last week when my side became very warm whilst carrying DS2 down the stairs in a swim nappy

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:15:04

My thinking is if they held in wee they would have some sort of absorbant material in them (like regular nappies) this wouldn't work when in water as they would soak up all the water and would be useless anyway.

Now if you had some old cloth nappies lying around you would be ok

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 20:16:44

Actually - you know what - I've just been downstairs and opened the pack - opened the sides of one nappy up and tipped a cup of water into the absorbent bit!!! It didn't leak through - so as NDP says they'll need changing more often - as the inside was sopping wet.

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 20:17:19

sweetkitty - I wouldn't be ok even if I had old cloth nappies lying around - got no washing powder !!!

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:19:03

aww bless you QoQs

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 20:20:21

SK - only another 2 weeks until payday from DH's new job

And hopefully the Inland revenus (or whoever does it) will hurry up and get our VAT returns in the business account sometime soon.

womba1 Wed 17-Aug-05 20:27:54

Where do you live QoQ?
I'm in Eastbourne and my dh is saying he might be able to help if you're close by

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 21:24:11

thanks womba - but I'm in Northamptonshire

we'll survive

although I'm out of washing powder, I am at least COMPLETELY uptodat (except for what we wore today) with my washing - so any leaks are aduquately catered for.........oh the joys of starting your own business

spod Wed 17-Aug-05 21:27:49

Message deleted

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 21:30:06

oooo spod - we're too proud for that

Think we'll just use the swim nappies (hopefully VAT returns will be back tomorrow......or else I'll be on the phone to my mum begging for her to put £10 in my account LOL).

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 21:34:20

When you get paid put an emergency £10 in the house somewhere and try and forget about it, saved me a few times.

Always far too much month left at the end of the pay.

Frizbe Wed 17-Aug-05 21:36:29

Go to your nearest Moto service station on the Mway if you have the petrol to get there, grab a handful of free nappies!

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 21:37:20

oh yea mothercare have free nappies in their changing rooms too

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 21:38:38

that's the problem SK - he's not been 'paid' since last November as he's been working full time on the business start-up. (and I'd never 'forget' that there was £10 in the house )

QueenOfQuotes Wed 17-Aug-05 21:38:51

do boots??

spod Wed 17-Aug-05 21:46:40

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now