Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 POOS IN THE TOILET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(14 Posts)
MaloryTowers Tue 16-Aug-05 19:26:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emily05 Tue 16-Aug-05 19:28:07

that is great - they are fickle arent they?! Ds always caves to bribery!

MaloryTowers Tue 16-Aug-05 19:29:52

Lonelymum Tue 16-Aug-05 19:44:10

My ds3 still thinks a wee in his pants equals a choccie button.

stripey Wed 17-Aug-05 13:30:50

Congratulations MaloryTowers. How did you perservere for 6 weeks?? I am on week 4 wit ds and he has pooed his pants everyday apart from a couple of times when I have caught him about to strain.

Today I have totally lost it after a poo in his underpants this morning went to the park and a mysterious poo appeared by the pool I am beginning to think it was him although he denied it. When we got home he did 2 huge v sloppy (sorry) poos on his bedroom carpet. I screamed at him and have forced him to wear a nappy. I feel really bad but just don't think I can keep doing it.

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bramshott Wed 17-Aug-05 14:26:51

Chocolate bribery worked for us too - it's the way forward!! Now 2.5 months into this potty training lark, and for the last month have really cracked it (with the bribery). Trouble is - when to stop?!

Lonelymum Wed 17-Aug-05 15:22:23

Stripey, I can just feel your frustration. I am nearer the start than you (only been doing it 9 days) but I have moments of wanting to give up too. The pooing everywhere is completely demoralising isn't it?

stripey Thu 18-Aug-05 07:24:29

Hi Lonelymum yes I just don't know what to do next. After putting on the nappy he took it off threw it away and told me he was a big boy (he is nearly 3). So I put him back in pants, already this morning he wouldn't sit on the potty and soaked his pjs. He tore up his sticker chart yesterday too.

I am tempted by the chocolate I did sweets with ds1 but then found a cavity in his back tooth so am really reluctant to do this, especially as ds1 is around and I would feel bad giving ds2 sweets all day and giving ds1 none. I actually bought a gumball machine yesterday and may fill it with marbles??

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 07:31:06

If he has chosen t take his nappies off then I think you could say to him, if you wet your pants you will HAVE to wear nappies again . big boys dont do that!!
The odd chocolate button is fine I think..how many wees does he do in a day. Explain to your older child..he might help encourage him. He could have a treat too for helping!

stripey Thu 18-Aug-05 07:35:37

thanks mumtosomeone (think I have hijacked this thread) I have said that today nappies or pants he wants pants so I told him if he wets anymore pants he will be back in nappies. He does a lot of wees in the morning and quite a few throughout the day too so would probably be having chocolate on 12-15 separate occassions.

MaloryTowers Thu 18-Aug-05 08:26:21

Lonelymum Thu 18-Aug-05 10:21:43

Stripey, go with the chocolate if you think it will work. You could always try brushing his teeth once or twice more during the day if you are worried about cavities. I did the choccie button thing with all of mine and none have cavities yet. As for the older children feeling jealous of the younger one getting chocolate, I just told mine that they all had their time of having chocolate when they were being potty trained, and now it is ds3's turn. Occasionally though, if one is being particularly supportive of ds3, I slip them one too!

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 10:30:26

chocolate melts off the teeth too.....doesnt it?!!!!!

stripey Thu 18-Aug-05 21:43:16

Have to admit ds1 chose jelly sweets and the dentist did say he has a strange shaped tooth and it isn't anyones fault that it has gone a bit bad. Had a filling coating put on it the other day and he told me the tooth won't fall out till he is about 12 so I am a bit paranoid.

Today I decided to take the pressure off an use pullups after the earlier accidents and he kept it dry all day (still didn't go voluntarily though). Tonight he pooed in it took it off and ran away to hide??? Dh was looking after him as I had gone to Tescos. I have bought some of the new 'trainer pants' and will use these to take the pressure off for a while as we are visiting my parents next week and they recently bought new carpet!!

Hopefully I'll have more positive news in a couple of weeks?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: