Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How can I get dd2 to sit on the blasted potty????????

(14 Posts)
Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 12:48:41

she is 2.10. She is a bright little thing and we were doing quite well with potty training 6 months ago - then she did a poo on the potty and was so horrified that she now flatly refuses to sit on a potty, or the loo.

She doesnt care about sweets so bribery isnt working.

I need a plan - help.

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:03:09

RnB Mon 15-Aug-05 14:04:32

Message withdrawn

MaloryTowers Mon 15-Aug-05 14:05:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:05:48

playmobil

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:05:57

it is her life

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:06:54

right, how about me buying the current obsession (the playmobil ice cream seller), showing it to her then putting on the top shelf and saying she can have it once she has done x wees in the potty?

RnB Mon 15-Aug-05 14:14:01

Message withdrawn

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:15:10

hmm

I could buy a job lot of people from Ebay and give her a man at a time

how about a man or lady for a wee, a vehicle or animal for a poo?

Fennel Mon 15-Aug-05 14:16:32

have you tried peer pressure. toddler friends who use the potty and can do demos? and show off their new knickers.

Enid Mon 15-Aug-05 14:17:46

yes

she talks proudly about their achievements but it doesnt seem to phase her

she has Dora knick-knacks in her drawer which she looks at fondly

RnB Mon 15-Aug-05 14:19:40

Message withdrawn

loupylou Mon 15-Aug-05 20:01:58

What about our plan of special soap (squirty) for hand washing one squirt for a wee and two, one on each hand for a poo, it makes great sounds when little one claps their hands, so we play with it a bit too, also we have air freshner stuck on wall by toilet, that she's allowed to press when she's doen a poo.
We also have fancy pants with pictures, and Baby Pom and Florrie, don't want to be wet with wee wee!!Well i wouldn't want to be either. lol
Good Luck

stacijc Mon 15-Aug-05 20:17:03

maybe start over....give her a few days/weeks off so she doesn't feel underpressure. when u change a dirty nappy just say something like o look a poo. sometimes if theyhaven't seen a poo b4 they are frightenend and some even think its part of themselves!!!

anyway...that way she knows its ok then go and buy some more knickers but let her choose them. i like the chocolate star thing!! when she poos in the potty make such a fuss and maybe let her flush it away herself???

not got there yet so dunno how helpful that advice is loL!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now