Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Gobby starts tomorrow....honest!

(22 Posts)
Gobbledigook Sun 14-Aug-05 12:28:42

I'm having my own thread too, like lonelymum!

Going to start with ds2 tomorrow - he's 2.9 so it's about time. Ds1 was this age and he cracked it in 3 days flat, so lets see how this goes! Eek!

hunkermunker Sun 14-Aug-05 12:30:04

Good luck!

bubblegumcheeks Sun 14-Aug-05 13:10:57

can any one pls give me advise on nappy rash its not really nappy rash but I gave my dd purity banana and now her bottom is bright red I think its from the acid in the banana how do I get rid of it?????
Please help

hunkermunker Sun 14-Aug-05 13:41:55

Wasn't your own thread for long, GDG!

Bubblegumcheeks, you might get more replies if you start a new thread - HTH

Gobbledigook Sun 14-Aug-05 22:43:19

See here Cod for my very own diary.

Haven't started it yet obviously and it's already been gatecrashed

Gobbledigook Mon 15-Aug-05 10:56:13

So we've had the first wee of the day - on the floor. Ah well, I seem to remember ds1 did every single wee on the floor on day 1 so I'm prepared!

Gobbledigook Mon 15-Aug-05 13:49:14

So far - 2 wees and 1 poo, all in the pants <groan> To be expected on day 1 I suppose. I actuallycame in the room at one point to find ds2 sitting on the potty (with pants on though!) and it was not long after that he did a poo so I think he knows this is where he's meant to do it! I'm wondering about going straight tothe loo - must admit, he doesn't look very comfy on the potty.

lockets Mon 15-Aug-05 13:52:50

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Mon 15-Aug-05 19:44:38

OK, round up for today.

3 wees, 1 poo - all in pants. Pah!

He sat on the potty 2 times and on the toilet once but only cos I made him. All day I've been saying 'do you want to do a wee, don't do it in your pants'.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Gobbledigook Tue 16-Aug-05 15:24:10

Arrrrghghghghgghhghggh!!

Umpteen wees today on the floor, sofa, in pants. He's sat on the potty loads but hasn't done anything on it.

I'm fed up already only half way through day 2!

I've no patience.

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 19:11:42

But think how you'll feel when he does wee on the potty!

Or something.

I have no idea. DS is staying in nappies till they don't make them big enough or he starts university, whichever comes first

cod Tue 16-Aug-05 19:21:58

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 19:38:36

What, no hep at all, Cod? That's just plain mean

Lonelymum Tue 16-Aug-05 19:41:25

Oh Gobbledigook, well done for starting! Isn't it a nightmare though? I am convinced my ds3 is too young. I have been at it 9 days now and with my others, there was progress, but with ds3, it is still happening more by luck than judgement. Today, only two wees in potty.

Keep going. I bet you succeed before I do.

Gobbledigook Tue 16-Aug-05 22:06:06

Oh good, someone did reply!

Hey thanks fish - helpful!

Well over day 1 and day 2 we didn't get a single wee in the potty. Everything in pants or on sofas <groan>

Not sure what to do tomorrow as driving up to the The Lakes - might just put him back in pull ups for tomorrow do you think? My philosophy is once nappies are off they don't go back on though...

Ds1 deffo made progress each day. I can remember, day 1 all wees on floor, day 2 half and half, day 3 99% in potty, day 4 cracked it. Honestly it was that easy! And ds2 is the same age...

He will sit on it for stints if the TV is on but he doesn't do anything in it. Shall I just keep going? All I do is keep asking him if he needs a wee and sitting him on the potty every so often. Don't remember doing anything special last time.

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 22:13:54

My philosophy is have to have lots of set rules, but make sure they're v flexible if they make my life more difficult

Stick him in pull-ups and tell him he can choose some big boy pants.

Gobbledigook Tue 16-Aug-05 22:15:30

PMSL!

cod Tue 16-Aug-05 22:16:31

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Tue 16-Aug-05 22:25:22

Oh bung the pull ups on for the trip up to the Lakes. Why make life difficult for yourself? It is not as if he has started asking in time yet is it?!

I am going to Cornwall on Friday and still debating what to do. I looked for those mats everyone talks about in Tesco to put underneath ds3 in his car seat, but Tesco didn't have them (Small tesco)

They didn't even have any pampers wet wipes so I was pretty fed up with them.

cod Tue 16-Aug-05 22:26:26

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 17-Aug-05 19:13:38

Any success today, GDG?

Gobbledigook Fri 19-Aug-05 18:26:10

Given up now. Couldn't be faffing while up in THe Lakes and next week we are doing Knowsley Safari Park - you know I can't be taking him for a wee up a tree in the Lion section!!!

Will start once the day trips are out of the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now