Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cloth nappies for night

(19 Posts)
LittleB Thu 11-Aug-05 09:03:53

What are the best nappies for night? dd is in motherease and air-flow wraps during the day, but I prefer the idea of fleece at night. I've been putting her in tots bots and a red fleece wrap for the last bit of 'night' (4ish to 8ish) and she's now ready for me to invest for the rest of the night as I only have 1 fleece wrap. What do people think of minkies, they look good too, or is tots bots better?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 09:05:38

i use tots at night.... from about 7.30pm - 7am! with a ME airflow wrap. No problems so far!

Love my tots bots though so am slightly biased!

juuule Thu 11-Aug-05 09:13:28

Same here. No problems with Tots and ME airflow wrap for night-time.

lunavix Thu 11-Aug-05 09:16:46

I use either:

a tots size 2 or a bumble, with a tots size 3 over it and an xl snickersdoodle wrap

or

a huge lovely wee notions nappy, stuffed with two boosters, and a size 2 tots fleece wrap

or

a nappy nation size 2, with a nappy nation massive booster, and a size 2 tots fleece wrap

Ds is a heavy wetter...

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 12:44:00

just started this myself - I have a size 2 tots, a wee notions and a bumbles. My favourites are the bumble and wee notions with a ME airflow wrap. I have just bought a staccinator so simple wrap and am about to try it out for the first time tonight. I use Fuzzibunz and Happy Heiny's for during the day for their slim fit and ease of one layer.

sweetkitty Thu 11-Aug-05 12:56:03

I've used tots with a booster and a ME wrap overnight and they have been fine too.

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 12:57:04

i use fuzzi bunz at night
or a motherease with a microterry insert (from my fuzzis)
also have 3 minkis which i LOVE (slinki minkis)

flowerfairy Thu 11-Aug-05 20:32:19

Wee notions stuffed with a prefold and ME airflow wrap. Not ahd any leaks so far. DS sleeps 7-7.

vkone Fri 12-Aug-05 06:40:54

Tots or bumbles with a fleece wrap. I had to get the next size up wrap as the nappy is boosted. also have found that a thicker wrap is better - I was lucky to get hold of a couple of nappysaurus wraps (discontinued I think). Stuffie nappies do a good looking night wrap too and I've heard their nappies (like bumble) can be more absorbant.

LeahE Fri 12-Aug-05 08:05:47

Have been using Tots with a fleece wrap but have recently been trialling a Slinki Minki stuffed with loads of stuff (a microfibre booster that I made myself, plus a microfibre cloth, plus a terry booster) and I have to say that I think that performs much better overall and wicks the moisture away from DS's skin.

I do have a Bumble on order as that's the other one I've seen highly recommended for nighttime use, and when I've tried that too I'll invest in a few of one or the other.

Feffi Fri 12-Aug-05 09:16:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LouiseT Fri 12-Aug-05 20:25:08

I've used Motherease One Size (with a fleece liner) plus a folded flanel or half a terry square used as a booster between it and the Air Flow wrap. Does an excellent job for an 18month old boy through the night. I'm biased though as I didn't like the Tots Bots - too thick to wash and dry, I prefer to boost the Mothereas One Size.

LittleB Sat 13-Aug-05 14:06:09

I think dd is quite a heavy wetter as even boosted the motherease only last her a max of four hours, so won't see her through the night. I think fleece wraps should help this though. Thanks for all the advice, I like the look of the stuffies, minkis and bumbles, might have to try a few different types! What is a microfiber booster? Is this like fleece?

Pollyanna Sat 13-Aug-05 14:18:00

I use Slinki minkis or Ellas House bumhuggers - both are fab! (we never have any leaks).

misdee Sat 13-Aug-05 14:18:57

wee notions or tots bots, with motherease wraps.

Pollyanna Sat 13-Aug-05 14:22:16

can you use wee notions for day time too?

misdee Sat 13-Aug-05 14:25:02

yes. very good for long days out. i have 4, they are fab!

Pollyanna Sun 14-Aug-05 08:57:11

I'm very tempted - I wonder how I can justify buying any more??

misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 08:58:28

so am I lol. they have new designs now. and the newborn ones look so cute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now