Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What clothes brands fit over Tots Bots?

(11 Posts)
discodolly Wed 10-Aug-05 11:47:55

DD wears Tots and while I can put her in lovely summery dresses at the mo was wondering what brands of trousers people have found fit over them? I've been given a pair of BabyGap jeans which are great with loads of nappy room but their stuff is a bit out of my price range so won't be replacing them in next size up. Any suggestions?

throckenholt Wed 10-Aug-05 11:49:35

try looking on ebay for BabyGap stuff - you can usually get it much cheaper there.

LeahE Wed 10-Aug-05 12:04:17

I tend to use dungarees on DS and not bother with trousers at all -- they tend to be a lot more roomy in the nappy area.

vkone Wed 10-Aug-05 13:57:43

Definitely eBay for Gap, their stuff looks v good 2nd hand. I've found Tescos excellent and now avoid Mothercare and Next. I've noticed that boys stuff seems to be roomier than girls (esp. in larger sizes , say 12-18 mths) so if you can bear all that khaki, I'd go for boys trousers - you could always stitch flowers on if you have the time/inclination.

HTH, Mia

starlover Wed 10-Aug-05 14:01:12

woolworths and boots are awful for going over cloth

h&m is fantastic! a lot of ds's trousers have adjustable waists (like maternity clothes!), and their tracksuit type trousers have a lot of room in the bottom. nearly always get his stuff in there now cos it's really roomy.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 14:02:31

Tescos and asda..... thats all i buy for jess now. Next was awful for a clothy bum.

tassis Wed 10-Aug-05 14:05:49

I have th opposite prob. Ds wear tots and on the odd day we put him in a disp his trousers/shorts fall down!!

starlover Wed 10-Aug-05 14:07:00

tassis we have the same problem!
went away for the weekend a while ago and took disposables so i wouldn't have to do any washing

had to go and buy him some smaller trousers as nearly everything i had fell down on him!

bottersnike Wed 10-Aug-05 14:37:18

I can really recomment Cut4Cloth; they make organic cotton clothes for big bottomed babies. They're not cheap, but really good quality and it's nice to find bodysuits and sleepsuits that you don't have to yank to fit all the time!

throckenholt Wed 10-Aug-05 15:03:56

whenever we go on holiday I have to remember to pack the clothes they grew out of months ago - otherwise they do around in disposables aand trousers round their ankles .

Having the same problem now we have almost cracked potty training !

vkone Wed 10-Aug-05 15:31:26

I was told that was a big plus with cloth - when they're potty trained the clothes last an extra 6 mths cos they're so big to begin with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now