Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

using fleece liners and now dd's btm looks like the surface of Mars

(6 Posts)
northender Tue 09-Aug-05 18:29:25

She has nappy rash like I've never seen before. HV thinks it's thrush. It seems to have happened since I started using fleece liners. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips welcome.

northender Tue 09-Aug-05 19:04:02

Someone help me out pleeeeeease.

Socci Tue 09-Aug-05 19:13:53

Message withdrawn

pootlepod Tue 09-Aug-05 19:35:20

My dd has had thrush. Did your HV/doctor give you a cream for it, it needs to be treated. Make sure you wash everything at 60 (including cloth wipes etc). I blitzed my nappies at 90 but you may not want to do this. I also stopped using fleece liners for a while to keep the temperature down, this seemed to do the trick and I reintroduced them after a few weeks.

Also do the nappy free time thing if you can.

northender Tue 09-Aug-05 19:44:07

Yes I've got daktarin to put on it twice a day and I've gone back to paper flushable liners for now. Feel bad as I started using the fleece liners to try to improve her nappy rash not make it 100 times worse!!

pootlepod Tue 09-Aug-05 19:48:06

Don't feel bad, nappy rash has a mind of its own I'm sure. She probably had the thrush before you used the liners. I would definately try them again when it's cleared, you can wash fleece at a high temp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now