Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Confession time

(9 Posts)
doggiesayswoof Tue 09-Aug-05 14:59:00

Has anyone else ever done this? On Sunday morning I picked up (1 yo) dd from her grandpa's where she had spent the night. We had a really busy day and I completely forgot to change her nappy til we got home about 6pm. She was "just" wet and didn't seem unhappy but I felt so guilty. Something this basic and I can't get it right!

NigellaLawson Tue 09-Aug-05 15:00:28

I remember sobbing when dd2 was born because dd1 hadn't had her nappy changed since the morning, it was about 3pm at the time.

I was wailing 'I am neglecting her, bad mum etc etc I can't cope' until dh told me to shut up and get a grip.

oliveoil Tue 09-Aug-05 15:01:33

Ooooh, I forgot I was her, tee hee

x

doggiesayswoof Tue 09-Aug-05 15:16:20

Weirdly enough that was dh's response too. Ah, don't you love their sensitivity...sometimes the military approach is useful though.

Blossomhill Tue 09-Aug-05 15:18:06

I remember doing this and when I did eventually change the nappy it had exploded and loads of crystals had gone everywhere

loupylou Tue 09-Aug-05 17:32:56

We've done it too, you're not the only one, and i feel better now too. thanks

NannyL Tue 09-Aug-05 20:58:34

i wouldnt worry too much about it...

im sure loads of babies are in their night time nappies from after bath (6pm ish) until after breakfast (8am ish) and it seems to do them no harm!

The nappies CAN obviously absorb it!

PrettyCandles Tue 09-Aug-05 21:02:17

You must be a good mum, dsw - you chose an excellent brand of nappy!

Not only have I done similar things - but I have also put the used nappy back on and the clean one in the bin. Not pooey thank goodness!

stitch Tue 09-Aug-05 21:17:23

just befor ds2 wsa potty trained, he would have a nappy change in the morning, and then wouldnt let me change him all day, till about an hour befor bedtime, at which point i didnt want to change him as felt it was such a waste of a nappy to be on for only an hour!
bad mummy alert....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now