Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
dabihp Tue 09-Aug-05 14:42:03

My dd is 2.8 months and we have been 'trying' potty training for a while.. easing her in gently with pull ups and lettign her use th epotty if she want to.. This hasnt worked! she is too comfortable in pull ups and wasnt using the potty at all!

So this morning I decided to bite the bullet and put her in knickers (have tried twice b4 and she just pee'd everywhere!)

So, she didnt do anythign for 1.5 hrs, then icaught her fidgetting and put her on potty, caught her just as she was starting and she did a little wee, then stood up had an accident, caught her jiggling oput her on potty , she weed, then wee'd in her knickers... and so on.

Problem is everytime she weed on potty she got realy distressed, tried to stand up when peeing and, when she wet her self she cried, was really sad and embarressed adn just really distressed.I hate to see her like this and she was holding her tummy and all cryey and sad... So i put a pull up back on her.. sigh...

Just cant stand seeing her distressed... any tips?

WigWamBam Tue 09-Aug-05 14:47:45

She honestly doesn't sound anywhere near ready to me, dabihp. Would you consider putting her back into nappies or pull-ups for a bit and easing off the pressure, but leaving the potty lying around so she gets used to it and knows it's nothing to be frightened of?

dabihp Tue 09-Aug-05 14:53:04

I just dont understand... she can spell her name, mummy, daddy, yes, no and hello, and read all the above, and type, has better navigation on the pc than most adults!

but cant pick this up?

WigWamBam Tue 09-Aug-05 15:48:04

But it isn't something she can learn, it's something that she has to be physically ready for. If she hasn't got the physical control over her bladder, and if she can't tell when she needs a wee, then she's not ready - and it doesn't matter how bright she is, or how well she has learned her letters, if she isn't physically and emotionally ready for it then she will not be able to do it.

Putting pressure on her will only make it worse for her and for you.

dabihp Tue 09-Aug-05 15:51:50

You are right, and I know. despite the fact that all her friends are potty trained, I am going to give it another 2 weeks and try again. I cant stand seeing her distressed and will ntoput her through that...

dabihp Tue 09-Aug-05 20:03:36

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now