Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can some one please explain to a dunce all about...

(5 Posts)
Donbean Mon 08-Aug-05 18:48:20

Washable pull up nappies please.
I have a few questions:
~what do i need, i have read about liners,covers etc?
~Do i need all these items for pull ups?
~There are several popular companies listed by people on here, i have checked out the web sites and am impressed, however i also looked on ebay for second hand ones and they are much cheaper, would you recommend this or not?
Thanks in advance for your input.

loupylou Mon 08-Aug-05 21:33:20

Sorry, i can't help but are washable pull ups not really knickers or pants? Or are they for something particular, i've always associated pull ups (disposable) for potty training and to be honest we did without and went straight for knickers with pictures that my dd was proud to keep dry.

starlover Wed 10-Aug-05 11:20:29

you don't need liners or wraps or anything.
they should have a waterproof outer built in.
absolutely nothing wrong with using ebay!
they are basically a pair of pants (usually terry or something inside) with a waterproof outer so that you don't end up with wet clothes. but of course the child will still feel wet on the inside so IME much better than pull-ups which are just like a pull-on nappy

throckenholt Wed 10-Aug-05 11:33:45

I disagree with starlover - they seem to work much better as a separate nappy and a waterproof wrap. A liner inside is personal preference.

Second hand are fine - but just buy one or two and try then out and see what works for you.

Popular ones are totsbots, and motherease one-size.

If you are at the stage of pull ups there is not much point in investing in nappies - just go straight to potty training.

Good companies for explaining the options are www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk and www.thenappylady.co.uk

starlover Wed 10-Aug-05 11:35:09

throckenholt i didn't know you could get training pants as seperate bits...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now