Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots Bots fleece wraps

(7 Posts)
discodolly Sat 06-Aug-05 22:25:32

I recently got one of these for night time as recommended in various places, put it on DD about 8pm and when DH went in to feed her at 11 he was absolutely horrified as it was damp. (Poor darling got wee on his hands hahaha!!). Anyway to cut a long story short we took it off her as it had also made her sheets and sleepsuit damp. Is this normal for fleece wraps? I normally use Motherease Rikkis so not sure. (She also had on a Tots Bot with extra fleece liner so know it's not down to crap nappy!)

Yorkiegirl Sat 06-Aug-05 22:27:09

Message withdrawn

Pixiefish Sat 06-Aug-05 22:29:53

Have heard that washing with fabric conditioner makes it more waterproof.

The idea with fleece is that its breathable and lets the wee evaporate. I've had this problem with some the spotty wrap but not with the red rap. I think as they get older they do 'power' wees which tend to flood.
Don't know if that's any help at all

discodolly Sun 07-Aug-05 12:58:29

She's only four months so not sure if she's into power wees yet!. She had an additional fleece liner but not a booster. Do you reckon one would help?

Feffi Sun 07-Aug-05 18:57:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roxswood Mon 08-Aug-05 12:48:36

I love my fleece wraps but its really important not to have tight clothes over the top of them as this can cause the wetness to squeeze out through the fleece. Could that have been the problem? I don't bother with vests at night I just have my little one in a comfortably loose sleepsuit

hdollabbott Tue 16-Aug-05 12:11:38

H i there i use unbleached tots bot with fleece liner and fleece wrap dont need to booster yet only 5 months old but you do need to put in looses clothes or it will get damp the whole idea is the fleece wicks away some of the moisture from inside the nappy letting it stay dryer so the moisture need sto go somewhere if tight clothes on will just settle on them i too just use a loose sleepsuit and use a gro bag as well sometimes his sleepsuit feels damp (abit like if you dring your washing in after dark) but no other problems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now