Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

motherease and popolini

(12 Posts)
Tumblemum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:05:36

I have just bought some second hand motherease, or that is what i thought i was buying, but compared to the motherease they are smaller, the poppers are different and there is no logo tab. Are these popolini? If so are they as good as motherease? Will they last till potty training my ds is 20 months, I am really cross about this

flowerfairy Fri 05-Aug-05 20:18:39

I have some popolini and ME, I haven't noticed any difference in sizes, butthen i've never measured them either.

I ihaven't noticed any particular differences in absorbancy or drying time, the only reason i prefer them is that they come with the additional popper booster.

Hold on will just creep into ds room to see if I can examine them more closely for you.

Yorkiegirl Fri 05-Aug-05 20:19:22

Message withdrawn

flowerfairy Fri 05-Aug-05 20:24:57

oh yes you're right. They are smaller. A good inch along the back. Mine have got a label, just like a normal kind of clothes label which has faded after washing. The poppers look the same though. HTH.

HAve you got the one size ones or not? I can't help on whether they will last until potty training as ds is 16months, so i'm not at that stage yet, sorry.

Tumblemum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:28:00

Have no idea what they are but suspect popolini, as mine are an inch smaller too. Nappy Lady websites states not as good as motherease and may not suit bigger children. I was sold them as motherease, now debating whether to complain to seller. Was so pleased whey they arrived, in good condition etc...

popsycal Fri 05-Aug-05 20:28:52

ds1 had the small sized poplnini then i bought large sandys and the difference is immense......

Tumblemum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:29:43

how so? popolini worse presumably

popsycal Fri 05-Aug-05 20:32:25

i liked the quality of both...but when ds2 outgrew the popolini i thought he couls go straight into ME large but they are way too big.
they are identicalotherwise

Tumblemum Fri 05-Aug-05 20:49:50

Thanks all for your input, Tumblemum

KMS Fri 05-Aug-05 23:36:05

popolini used to be the licenced european manufacturers of motherease nappies. I had canadian motherease and european motherease at this time and the european ones were smaller and the motherease label on the outside faded quite quick.
So yes they could be older style european (by popolini) motherease nappies.
popolini then lost the licence and decided to manufacture there own version.

HTH

vkone Mon 08-Aug-05 17:15:26

I did hear that some of the old style Popolini were prone to shrinking, so it maybe that. I prefered them as they were thicker and softer than MEOS but in the end I didn't get on with either!

I've also got an older Sandy's that is smaller and thicker than the current "model" - possibly they had quality control issues at one time.

If you're unhappy I'd get in touch with the seller - they could offer a discount as Popolini are cheaper than ME

Tumblemum Mon 08-Aug-05 20:28:43

seller has agreed to refund if i pay postage one way, says she was sold them as motherease and thought they were, too small though for my toddler and so I am returning them

I am going to buy new in future

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: