Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

foreskin with hole in the side

(9 Posts)
Cha Wed 03-Aug-05 20:46:19

Just started potty training my ds (23 months) and all going swimmingly. However, his foreskin doesn't open at the bottom of his willy but slightly to the side. This means that when he wees standing up (ie when we are out in the park), it runs all down one leg. I have tried pulling the hole down to the end of his willy but I feel rather like Fireman Sam - only a lot less expert! It's like a hosepipe that you have no control over, wee goes in all directions, even up in our faces . So, was just wondering, is this a)normal and b)has anyone got any top tips???

Cha Fri 05-Aug-05 10:25:45

bump

rickman Fri 05-Aug-05 10:27:54

Message withdrawn

iota Fri 05-Aug-05 10:29:16

sounds like a tight foreskin, which is very common at that age. You might like to talk to the dr.

A friend's ds had a severe problem with this and was circumcised. but in most cases the dr advises to leave well alone and see if it improves over time.

iota Fri 05-Aug-05 10:29:52

or yes it could be what rickman suggested - see the dr

Cha Fri 05-Aug-05 10:37:17

I think hypospadia (sp?) is a condition whereby the actual hole in the penis is at the side, not just the foreskin. As far as I can see, his sideways hole is just the foreskin, though obviously it is hard to look properly, as it is a bit tight still. I might take him to the doctor... got me worried now!

iota Fri 05-Aug-05 10:39:31

don't be worried Cha - my ds1 is 6 and still has a tight foreskin and the dr is still saying just leave it alone

rickman Fri 05-Aug-05 10:39:31

Message withdrawn

Cha Fri 05-Aug-05 10:45:13

Yes, suppose there are 2 'holes', though maybe hole is the wrong word. The one in the end of the penis and another which is the opening in the foreskin. Both my Dad and brother were circumsised - born in southern Africa where most (white?)boys were - but dh has a longish foreskin which maybe ds has inherited? TMI perchance??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now