Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth Mummies: What nappy for swimming?

(11 Posts)
chipmonkey Wed 03-Aug-05 16:27:18

ds3 is 6 months and in fuzzi-bunz/ minkies most of the time. Can you use these for swimming, with or without the insert? Or if not, what can you recommend?

Yorkiegirl Wed 03-Aug-05 16:29:37

Message withdrawn

chipmonkey Wed 03-Aug-05 16:48:45

thanks yg. So long as I don't give him prunes, I suppose!

Feffi Wed 03-Aug-05 22:08:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KMS Wed 03-Aug-05 23:13:30

I would be very carefull that the chlorine doesnt ruin your fuzzi waterproofing!!
i would stick to a swim nappy like the kooshie, bambino-mio, motherease, mothercare, boots, etc etc. They are designed for the job and won't ruin your other nappies.

No swim nappies (including sposie ones) hold in wee. they are only to stop poo leaking into the pool.

Chuffed Thu 04-Aug-05 09:08:51

The Kooshies swim nappy is really good, and as it undoes at the front if there is a good bf poo in there you don't wipe it all down the legs getting the nappy off which is what happens with the pull up ones.

JoPG Thu 04-Aug-05 10:09:22

They do very cute swim nappies in Speedo. In cerise or blue with 'Speedo' emblazoned across the bum! Good elastic round legs and drawstring waist. DD1 (age 4 months) wears one for swimming and it is very good.

wowy Thu 04-Aug-05 20:12:29

i love the motherease swim nappies. really well made, popper fastening, look like little speedos and have a god size range. pull ups are a bit of a nightmare.

you can use a wrap if you want but it wont be waterproof afterwards.

Magscat Thu 04-Aug-05 20:18:14

these are good -nice & snug so no leaks. You can get them other places too - like Mothercare, Boots, Woolies.

If you can find any that do up with poppers or velcro they're even better cos you can get them off without pulling them down baby's legs - an advantage if there is poo in there! I think Kooshies do them.

Magscat Thu 04-Aug-05 20:19:59

this is what I meant

chipmonkey Fri 05-Aug-05 00:34:10

OOh, they look cute, Magscat! May be getting me one of those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now