Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So I thought I knew it all

(8 Posts)
PrettyCandles Wed 03-Aug-05 15:23:40

Just because ds trained in two days, I thought I knew how to train dd. She's 2y7m and she hasn't a clue. She's got quite good at weeing on demand, but if I don't catch her at the right time she's weeing all over the place - admittedly she does generally let me know she's done it. And as for poo! Today she asked me, not for the first time, 'Why is there poo in my knickers, Mummy?'. On the rare occasions that she has poo'd in the loo, it has taken her by surprise, if she notices at all.

She's not improving, if anything, she's backsliding - previously she would start weeing, stop herself, and ask to go to the toilet or at least tell me that she had wee'd. Now, not only does she not stop herself, but she balks and refuses to go when put on the loo.

Argh! What do I do?

QueenOfQuotes Wed 03-Aug-05 15:25:32

Take a deep breath, have a coffee and stick her back in nappies for anothe month or so

DS1 was 2 weeks short of his 3rd birthday before we even started.

WigWamBam Wed 03-Aug-05 15:39:36

Relax and put her back in nappies, it just sounds as if she's not ready yet.

PrettyCandles Thu 04-Aug-05 14:35:10

I put her in a nappy today. Then midmorning she comes and asks to be put on the toilet!

alison222 Thu 04-Aug-05 15:05:04

this sounds so like my DD at the mo. She will wee on demand if I put her on the potty but hasn't a clue unless we remind her. I thought if I rode with it a few days she'd start to realise the sensation. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh
Not too sure if I have the patience to keep mopping up the accidents but I feel I should give it a bit longer.

Neveragain Thu 04-Aug-05 20:47:13

I am doing exactly the same thing this week with my Ds who is 2.8 years if I ask him if he wants a wee he goes no problem but if I leave him to go for himself he just wets and then complains he's soaked and needs a shower, How long do I go on for?

PrettyCandles Thu 04-Aug-05 22:06:13

My policy with both children was to give it 3-4 days. If I see an improvement then I continue, if not then leave it for a few weeks/months. Ds took two attempts several months apart to train - the second attempt worked! Dd is on her second attempt, and she's worse than she was on her first!

alison222 Fri 05-Aug-05 18:33:14

was doing famously today, but just as we are going to the bath she wets herself Oh well, we did make it all the way through the day until now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now