Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

calling all cloth freaks - your favourite nappy????

(30 Posts)
motherpeculiar Tue 02-Aug-05 20:08:46

hello everyone in cloth nappy land

I'm hoping you all love your nappies enough to tell me what your absolute favourite is...

I need to expand my stock by about 8 nappies (thinking about the winter drying situation) and don't know what to get

so far I have bumbles which I like a lot and use for night time
rainbow tots which I find quite good, but the size2 is already looking a bit tight on HRH of the very large and chubby thighs
motherease os which I do like a lot
green baby flannel which are ok but too hard when put on first
imse vimse which I don't like as they are too fiddly to close

so, any ideas

I want something slim fitting (insofar as is possible), absorbant and good for a chubster

added bonus would be ease of use as she'll be off to nursery one of these days and I'll have to be explaining to the kids there what to do with these positively medievil (sp?) items

I have bought but intend to return a medium slinki minki as it just looks too small for her and they are much bulkier than I thought

DD is almost 4 months and about 15 or 16lbs with HUGE thighs (poor love, my genes weren't kind to her!)

thanks you cloth freaks

lydz Tue 02-Aug-05 20:15:23

Fuzzi Bunz (stuffed with the Fuzzi Bunz inserts). About the only nappies I use now. DD has been in the large size since about 6 months and she's 2 now so I've got my money's worth!

Magscat Tue 02-Aug-05 20:18:24

I use these . They're not especially slim fotting but the covers are really flexible so good round the thighs (my dd has chunky thighs too) and they are very simple - the workers at dd's nursery can cope with them.

Not pretty, trendy or cute though so not sure if they'll be what you want.

Do you have any NCT Nearly New Sales near you ? - they often have sample of different kinds ot you could try the Real Nappy Network (run by WEN) for info.

Magscat Tue 02-Aug-05 20:18:54

Oops - 'slim fitting' even!

alux Tue 02-Aug-05 20:20:09

Hi MP: Was it you who asked me about when I start to use cloths? Well I have started. I am using some flannel one from a company called Cuddlebabes. Came highly recommended from a friend with 2 in cloth. My dd is petite and they fit her fine. She has one petite and one chunky dd and she uses this type on both. I am happy with it so far but I am only using them in the daytime at the mo.

link below
essentials fitted nappy

alux Tue 02-Aug-05 20:22:09

hhhmmm, you will have to click on the side where it says '2 and 3 sized nappies'

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 02-Aug-05 20:24:38

I use kushies ultra or wonderoos during the day and tots bots at night.

building up my stock of tots though as prefer these to any other one!

DONT GET WONDEROOS FOR CHUBBY BABIES - Jess has just turned 1 and cant see her being in it much longer.... she has HUGE thighs bless her!

Yorkiegirl Tue 02-Aug-05 20:37:10

Message withdrawn

pootlepod Tue 02-Aug-05 21:19:15

You could try a large slink minki or a normal minki?

Kissaluvs?

Cuddlebuns are gorgeous and good for thighs but not the slimmest.

maisiemog Tue 02-Aug-05 21:34:48

Hi MotherPeculiar, have a look at my Cloth Nappy Reviews Blog - lots of people have left reviews for their favourite and not so fabourite nappies. Maybe you will see something helpful and I've tried to put on photos where I can, so you can see the nappy being worn (on my lovely ds)

flowerfairy Tue 02-Aug-05 22:21:30

I still love my tots for keeping everything contained, iykwim

But have also developed a love for fuzzis, which i've just bought some more of for their ease of drying and putting on as ds is starting nursery in Sept, so thought they would be easier for the staff than a 2 piece system.

Lmccrean Tue 02-Aug-05 22:26:43

I loved the slini minkis. did you really find it bulky motherpeculiar ? I stuffed mine with mother of eden microfibre pads and they were the slimest nappies I have tried as normal clothes fit over them where the MEOS didnt fit. They dry soooo quick too.

Pollyanna Tue 02-Aug-05 22:29:44

Fuzzis for daytime, but kissaluvs are good too - slim fitting and low rise. I use Ella's house Bumhuggers (is that what they're called?) or Minkis at night. My dd is nearly 7 months and huge too - the fuzzis and kissaluvs are good for her. my toddler is also in these (different size) and they are good for her too.

motherpeculiar Tue 02-Aug-05 22:34:53

fuzzis are rating highly so I may swap my slinki for a fuzzi and see how we go with those. I am a bit nervous though as the two part system does seem to offer fab containment. The only accidents we've had with DDs explosive bf poos so far have been on the rare occasion she is in a disposable (we're going on hol on Thursday and she'll be in them for two weeks - I am not looking forward to dealing with the "repercussions" at all)

MaisieMog - what a fab site - you ARE dedicated to the cause. Will try to add some reviews at some stage, once I've trieda few more

Magscat - couldn't figure your nappies out at all, I think I just found that site confusing (most likely just me!) What are they made from and how do they fasten?

Alux - glad you're getting into the swing of the clothies - I really love them, just wish now I'd had the nerve to do it with DD1 too. Afraid I find flannel gets far too hard in our water and without a tumble drier though.

thanks everyone

anyone for anymore? I'm always happy to read people waxing lyrical about cloth nappies

[how did it come to this - shaking of head emoticon]

motherpeculiar Tue 02-Aug-05 22:40:43

posts crossed - Lmccrean - yes I thought the slinki was enormous! I didn't try anything on with it as I was just kind of holding it around DD very nervous of any "action" as I had a feeling I'd be sending it back. Maybe it was just all that fleece that made it seem so "puffed up" or something, not sure, but I just didn't like it. I got the slinki micro insert (I think) . I find MEOS fairly slim, once you get over the wide crotch.

kissaluvs do look nice - may have to try one Pollyanna

If I keep going like this I'll have a drawer full of different nappies and no substantial set of anything. Nursery workers won't be pleased!!!

bensmum3 Tue 02-Aug-05 22:44:13

I think nursery's like fuzzi bunz as they are easy to use,and they look nice, although you do need to get them tight enough, my favourite nappy is the sandy, it has excellent absorbancy and seems really comfy on ds with an airflow wrap.Dh will only use meos, and We use tots bots and fleece wraps at night.

misdee Tue 02-Aug-05 22:45:09

wee-notions. fab fab nappy. wish i had discovered them sooner.

maisiemog Tue 02-Aug-05 22:52:53

Thank you Mother Peculiar. DS is a very good boy - sometimes he has to model two nappies a day, very patient boy.
Misdee are Weenotions night nappies, or would you say they are for anytime of day? I quite like the terry version.

SamN Tue 02-Aug-05 23:16:14

At home I mainly use Rainbow bots and they work really well.

For use at nursery I have recently bought a few pocket nappies from Corina at Pitter Patter Cloth Nappies . She lists them as 'front fasteners' on the left hand side. You can stuff them beforehand and then they are basically an all-in-one, but we haven't had any containment issues so far. Our babysitter (who also works at the nursery) commented that they were so much easier to use than a nappy which has to have a separate liner and wrap. Plus they dry quickly, which is good for me as I don't have a tumble drier. I do like the fleece ones but you can choose from a large variety of fabrics and the Pul ones I bought seem pretty slim - slimmer than our Minkis which I only use at night.

However if your ds is getting too chubby for the Tots size 2 you'd probably want to order extra large from Corina. My ds2 isn't particularly big and her large nappies are quite tight on him.

I have to say, though, I am thinking of trying out Fuzzis and also Slinki Minkis. It's terrible, this cloth nappy bug, and dp can't understand my obsession at all.

misdee Tue 02-Aug-05 23:17:15

i use them at night. the terry ones are gorgeous, i have a purple haze. its fab.

motherpeculiar Tue 02-Aug-05 23:34:48

samN - the pictures weren't showing on the pitter patter site - can you tell me what the inside of those front fasteners is made from? Fleece I assume - if so can you choose colours?

Misdee - do you have a link for the wee notions? - I haven't heard of those before

keep 'em coming...

misdee Tue 02-Aug-05 23:35:42

wee-notions

misdee Tue 02-Aug-05 23:45:52

put it this way, i am considering selling my tots bots so i can get more wee-notions.

maisiemog Tue 02-Aug-05 23:54:17

Ooo! OOO! SamN - I've just bought those too!!! Basic nappy pocket thingies?!
I'm going to put a photo of DS wearing it onto the nappy blog tomorrow, if anyone wants to seem the nappy in action.
I'll let you know when I've done it.

motherpeculiar Wed 03-Aug-05 00:01:20

misdee - they look very cute (aaarrrgh!) - are they really a slim fit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now