Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

clothes for cloth nappies

(14 Posts)
LittleB Mon 01-Aug-05 20:50:00

My dd is now happily wearing her cloth nappies, but I've found that some of her vests are a bit tight over her nappy even though they are still quite long on her arms, and some trousers don't fit her. I heard that you can get clothes designed for babies in cloth nappies, does anyone know where?

misdee Mon 01-Aug-05 20:50:40

www.babykind.co.uk

Feffi Mon 01-Aug-05 21:05:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flowerfairy Mon 01-Aug-05 22:25:38

Or try a vest extender, I know Perfectly happy people do them but I'm sure other places do too.

popsycal Mon 01-Aug-05 22:35:11

andees kool kids has cheap trousewrs for £4 at the moment

CarrieG Mon 01-Aug-05 22:47:32

How old's dd?

DS is a strapping 1 year old (today! ) & we're finding George at Asda drawstring shorts brilliant for over cloth nappies. When he first started wearing cloth (at about 4 months) we more or less gave up vests with poppers & went for separate everything - you CAN get popper vests to fasten, but definitely once she's outgrown the ones she has I'd go for separates; less hassle if you get leaks apart from anytjhing else...

bensmum3 Tue 02-Aug-05 10:13:59

Another vote here for vest extenders, or try Tesco bodysuits, they seem to be a bit longer in the body. Ds,now 2 has lived in dungarees since he was tiny, as they seem to fit better over a big bottom.

Tommy Tue 02-Aug-05 10:21:10

another vore here for dungarees - they seem to cover a multitude of sins. Oh and don't buy trousers from Woolworths as they didn't fit over a cloth nappy at all

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 02-Aug-05 10:31:54

anyone got any ideas for tights for a 1 yr old that fit nicely over a clothy bum? Jess's 12-18 month tights i bought at asda last week seem quite small and tight to get over the nappy!!!

MrsDoolittle Tue 02-Aug-05 10:35:39

Dungarees, dungarees, dungarees and they are so cute anyway.
I always think toddlers with trousers on look like ants. Made up for two parts, the thorax and the abdomen - I know, I'm wierd!

Chuffed Tue 02-Aug-05 10:42:21

tinkertogs do tights, trousers and bodysuits

Oliviab Tue 02-Aug-05 11:34:02

For future reference: I spent ages looking for 2-3yr popper vests as dd was outgrowing her 18-24m ones with her JLo bum but she needed the support of a vest when wearing Fuzzibunz at her Nana's. Finally found some in Tesco.

LittleB Wed 03-Aug-05 12:03:53

thanks for all the advice, dd is 12 weeks, but still in 0-3 months. I do love her in dungarees, but she only has 1 pair that fit at the moment. went into a baby shop to look at sale stuff and the assistant asked what i was after, mentioned dungarees, but she hadn't got any, she told me they're not in fashion at the moment! we don't care and will find some more. have looked at the websites and will but some more clothes, although seperates are great i did want body suits and sleepsuits for nightwear. its a great excuse to buy more clothes for her, love buying her things!

Feffi Wed 03-Aug-05 20:45:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now