Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dry as a little bone!!!

(9 Posts)
gscrym Mon 01-Aug-05 09:27:04

DS has done it, dry during the day and night for a whole week. I'm so proud of him.
Only thing is, he keeps whipping his drawers of in the house and announces that he's going to wee-wee on the grass. Oh well, I'm sure he's just practising for being a bloke and weeing everywhere they can.

lisa34 Mon 01-Aug-05 09:37:52

Well done, my ds has been dry for 2 weeks day and night dosen't it make you feel so proud - and then again sad cos they are no longer a baby but independent little people

KiwiKate Mon 01-Aug-05 13:20:46

How old are they? How did you get them to go dry at night?
CONGRATS by the way to you both. Good job

gscrym Mon 01-Aug-05 22:27:29

DS will be three in august. He was staying at my mums for a weekend (God how lucky am I) and he didn't want his nappy on at night. She stuck him in his PJ's and he was still dry in the morning. I kept going with it and no accidents.

He goes for a wee before bed (8pm) and when he gets up (7am ish).

I did stress about it (telling myself 'my child will be potty trained, dry and able to wash his own pants by 2') but my mum just said 'he'll do it when he wants' and he did.

purpleturtle Mon 01-Aug-05 22:28:35

Can you send him round to give mine a pep talk?

gscrym Tue 02-Aug-05 08:49:15

No problem, I'll start him on his career as a motivational speaker. He's way cuter than the kid in the huggies pull-ups advert.

lisa34 Tue 02-Aug-05 21:01:09

ds is 2 yrs and 8 months - i didn't push him into using the potty he just did it himself - he does have an older brother who is 5 so that has really helped. Eldest son was 3.5 years before he was potty trained, i was getting a bit worried about him as he had started nursery but they told me to let him do it in his own time - and they were right - he came home from nursery and told me he wanted to wear "big boy pants" and we have never looked back

KiwiKate Thu 04-Aug-05 08:11:21

thanks for that Lisa. My DS is 2.3yo, and also took to the whole potty thing naturally and enthusiastically. He still wears a nappy at night and for nap times. I wondered how you progress out of those nappies. Thought I'd just wait until he starts waking up dry, and then take them off him. I'm not in any hurry and am really glad (and a bit surprised) that he's progessed as far as he has.

Hughsie Sat 06-Aug-05 18:46:06

ds2 is 2.4 and is dry day and night for 5 days now but I am too scared to try no night time nappy. ds1 is 4 and still wears a pull up in bed - i remember that he was dry at first when he potty trained at 2.5 but I was too scared to take off the pull up and he started wetting it again - the several times I have tried since have always resulted in minor accidents the first night. Do you think they dont train as quick at night if they have a pull up on? - I am such a chicken and always prefer to avoid the chance of a broken night sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now