Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

As anyone tried really cheap disposeable nappies?

(21 Posts)
thosepeskykids Sun 31-Jul-05 18:45:39

Totally penniless this week, and ds needs some nappies, i've seen the really cheap one's around for a couple of quid. anyone ever tried them?

compo Sun 31-Jul-05 18:46:10

We use George at Asda ones and they are fine. Or do you mean cheaper than that?

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 18:46:35

asda ones are ok, as pout tescos, but i think asda are a lot cheaper.

Fran1 Sun 31-Jul-05 18:55:17

Asda ok - not up to pampers standards, but ok and no leakage.

Sainsbury - awful don't go there.

thosepeskykids Sun 31-Jul-05 18:58:24

How much are the asda ones, I have £3.00 left till thursday, then realise i have no nappies. arrgghh. we usally use huggies.

jibberjabber Sun 31-Jul-05 19:02:41

I have used them all. Found each own brand to be fab and my DS hasn't had a solid stool since he was 10 months old. Had a batch of Sainburys that had dodgy tabs. The best cheapy make are from Aldi, I think them are called Mamia or something like that, they are superb and much cheaper than the huggies/pampers. They have the Mother and baby silver award for nappies, which is quite something for a packet of cheapies.

Carla Sun 31-Jul-05 19:05:34

tpk .. how can you manage 'till Thursday? Fgs, you poor thing. Can I do anything to help? Please CAT me.

coppertop Sun 31-Jul-05 19:35:26

The George ones are about £3.60ish. They also do SmartPrice ones which are about half the price. They're not great but we keep some for use in emergencies.

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 19:36:29

thosepeskykids, where do u live? and what size do u need. i have a pack of midi nappies here which i wont be using, also half a dozen newborn ones. am in herts.

nutcracker Sun 31-Jul-05 19:37:37

Have you got any vouchers for nappies you could use ???

Or what about a Boots card, do you have one with any points on ??

lunachic Sun 31-Jul-05 19:38:06

they probably have a plastic outer rather than cotton which usually means instant nappy rash

fixies arent plastic outer though and theyre cheap

nutcracker Sun 31-Jul-05 19:39:02

Wilkos do cheap ones too and with toddlers they seemed to be ok, but not for younger babies. I think they are about £2.50

weesaidie Sun 31-Jul-05 19:48:57

I have used Tescos and Boots and Morrisons and have all worked very well for me!

Wouldn't buy pampers/huggies now!

gscrym Sun 31-Jul-05 19:56:54

I've used shops own on DS, had no problems with them. Also knew a childminder who ended up using the ones Lidl sell on her grandson. They were the best fit.
Tried own brand pull ups and didn't have a great deal of success. Saying that, didn't have a great deal of success with Huggies either, DS has a pampers shaped bottom.

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 19:59:39

If you can wait until the postman comes on Tuesday I can post you my Boots card to buy a pack of nappies with.

traceyparker63 at hotmail dot com if that would be any use to you.

thosepeskykids Sun 31-Jul-05 20:49:59

thanks everyone, and to misdee and WWb for the offers of help, mentioning Boots cards has helped me remember i have about £5 on mine, which i can use, I had forgotten all about that. Thanks

Tipex Sun 31-Jul-05 20:51:43

TPK i aslo have some smaller size nappies I wont use that you're welcome to.

myermay Sun 31-Jul-05 20:53:31

Message withdrawn

NannyL Sun 31-Jul-05 22:13:38

Have tried tesco value!

TBH i think they are fine in the day (wouldnt risk it at night tho) tho the plastic bit may not be so great for nappy rash

saying that 15ish years ago all nappies were made of that stuff.... and todays teenagers survived!

mandyc66 Sun 31-Jul-05 23:12:45

think cheap ones are ok now and then. Musat say morrisons normal ones are really good and often on offer.

anchovies Sun 31-Jul-05 23:19:42

Agree with jibberjabber, aldi ones are really good and very cheap. Know thats no good for this week but might help in future!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now