Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

strange question about potty training!

(9 Posts)
emily05 Fri 29-Jul-05 09:07:36

Ds is potty training at the moment.

when he has finished doing a wee - should I wipe him with a wipe (like a kandoo one iyswim) of just leave it.
Also when he does a poo should I use a wipe or just toilet roll?

I know these are strange questions - but I have no clue what I am doing! lol

Thanks

emily05 Fri 29-Jul-05 09:28:27

bump

Fran1 Fri 29-Jul-05 09:30:17

I wipe with just tissue, unless its been a messy one iykwim.

I don't have a boy, but don't think it does any harm to encourage boys to wipe after wee also. I've tried to train dd to do this herself from beginning, give her the tissue and tell her to do it. So that she can be more independent at pre-school.

flamesparrow Fri 29-Jul-05 09:30:46

Poos - it depends where mine is... if its the potty downstairs, then wipes are closest to hand, upstairs, toilet paper.

No advice on wees though... little ladies are a whole different ball game

kid Fri 29-Jul-05 09:32:29

I would use wipes after he does a poo,
its up to you about after he does a wee, it depends if you want little drips of wee around the floor I guess! I personally would wipe my DS after he did a wee.

Pinotmum Fri 29-Jul-05 09:35:20

I have a box of kandoos upstairs and downstairs. I wipe ds only for poos. I did notice dh wiped ds after a wee the other day though. Ds is 2.9 yo and potty trained a few months now so I'm trying to get stand up wees going and then I'll just get him to shake his willy after a wee. It's confusing and was MUCH easier with dd as I understood her bits iyswim.

emily05 Fri 29-Jul-05 10:17:12

thanks for answering! Was hoping to ditch the wipes - but not sure I should now.

KiwiKate Fri 29-Jul-05 11:00:54

We just wipe with toilet paper for poos. (If it is a really yucky one we sometimes have to use a wet cloth).

Never used to do anything for wees, but after being potty trained for about 3 months DS complaining that willy is "hurting" - and it started to get a bit red on the end - so got DH to show him how to shake his willy. Now we just remind him to shake after he wees (even though he still wees sitting down)

NannyL Sat 30-Jul-05 18:30:44

dont forget toilet 'wipes' have only been around for a couple of years....

there is nothing 'wrong' witn using toliet paper (as that is what its for!!!!), howver i find it is easier to sipe with a kandoo wipe IF they are around

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now