Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

advice..

(13 Posts)
ebbie22 Thu 28-Jul-05 18:00:53

Hi,hope you are all ok today....
My dd is 2.7 and has been potty trainig for 3 or 4 wks now{i cant remember}..
But im still not sure if she is ready,does wees and poos in potty,but i have to keep reminding her..
Has now done a poo in her knickers,a thing that she wouldnt do in her nappy,am i going backards?

ebbie22 Mon 01-Aug-05 20:07:59

I dont kno what to do....When we go out dd will come to the toliet and today asked to do for a wee,then came bbk to table and said wanted a poo,and she did,but then bk home was reading a bk and weeed on her chair?
So is she ready or just forgetful?
I try not to feel disapointed but i am as we were doing so well but in the last week has had little accidents....
Help

/

nailpolish Mon 01-Aug-05 20:17:52

hiya, i would let her run around barebummed for a wee while? like a week?

what i did was, decided to stay in the house/garden for a whole week and let dd run around barebummed. by day 5 she was wearing pants, and had about 2 accidents a day, usually poo, as she was a bit 'frightened' about doing a poo in the toilet (she didnt use potties) but i offered her a potty for poo and she used it once or twice, but got fed up of it)

by the end of week 2 she was having no accidents (she has a one accident in a restaurant where she was too embarrassed to tell me she needed a poo in front of everyone) but that was different i suppose!

if you do feel she isnt ready, leave it a short while, just a fortnight say, and try again

Surfermum Mon 01-Aug-05 20:18:05

Hi Ebbie. My dd (2.2) did really well in her potty training. Was completely dry in the day after a week, including naps for about 3 weeks. We went camping and she still had no accidents until the last day then she just seemed to go off the idea of asking for her potty and had loads of accidents. Since then she's had good days and bad days, and at one stage was ok if she was bottomless, but clothes seemed to make her forget. Now about 6 weeks later she seems to be back on track (famous last words!) and is now insisting on going on the "big toilet" and not her potty which is progress.

I felt like you and wondered if I had started it too soon. I spoke to our community nursery nurse who said that it was quite normal for them to regress like this. So I'd say hang on in there. In the meantime, the washing pile grows and grows!

nailpolish Mon 01-Aug-05 20:18:22

dd1 was 2 yrs 8 mths btw

Surfermum Mon 01-Aug-05 20:21:38

Oh the other thing I did was to stop asking her if she needed to go, and stop reminding her to tell me if she needed to go. I think she might have got a bit fed up with me nagging, and I don't blame her really! If we were out and she hadn't had a wee for a while I would just take her to the loo without saying anything. I just tried to make going to the loo nothing to make a fuss about - unless she asked for it herself, in which case lots of fuss and a sticker.

nailpolish Mon 01-Aug-05 20:22:25

take her with you every time you go too, and she will probably think "oh yeah, i need to go too"

ebbie22 Mon 01-Aug-05 20:25:00

Thanks guys,i didnt think anybody would read my post,let alone reply......
DD is fine with pants on,knows here her potty is and will use the toliettoo,even undresses but,is that only because i remind her?oh what to do?
BTW?dd is fine out of the house...just at home its a problem....

nailpolish Mon 01-Aug-05 20:26:52

if i was you then, i would just keep reminding her. its boring i know (for you and her) but itll work! good luck

ebbie22 Mon 01-Aug-05 20:29:35

Thanks guess i should let her lead me or a while...

ebbie22 Mon 01-Aug-05 20:30:04

opps posts crossed..

Surfermum Mon 01-Aug-05 20:35:05

Gets a bit wearing doesn't it? And pooing in knickers is SO messy. The joys of motherhood!

ebbie22 Mon 01-Aug-05 20:41:32

Thankfully only done it once including in a nappy since april....Always uses the potty for poos,apart from last wk...lol..
Its the wees that get to me,and she seems so pleased with herself when she has done one....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now