Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Swim nappies

(10 Posts)
chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 14:40:22

We are going on holiday in three weeks can anyone suggest good swim nappies as never used them before.Thanks

Chuffed Thu 28-Jul-05 14:43:50

Kooshies are great!

chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 14:45:42

Are they washable or diposable and where can you get them from?

PrettyCandles Thu 28-Jul-05 14:48:12

Definitely use reusables - washables are a waste of money and suitcase space (plus environmental issues of course). Don't worry abut waterproofness, they're only meant to keep poo contained, so make sure they fit well around the thighs. I prefer the pull-on sort, rather than the ones with fasteners, as the child can't undo them themselves and when they're older can 'dress' themselves. Take two pairs, as they're not as quick-drying as adult swimsuits.

PrettyCandles Thu 28-Jul-05 14:50:09

It's a bit late in the season (we're already in Back-To-School before school's have even broken up for the summer! ) but any shop with a babies dept should still stock some - JL, Boots, Mothercare, maybe ToysRUs.

Chuffed Thu 28-Jul-05 16:20:59

We prefer the do up at the front as the kooshies do with velcro then have a tie that you can knot so they can't undo. The thing we found with the pull up style is if it is pooed in and it happened when we were all day in and out of them in Egypt is that when you take them off it wipes it all down the legs with the open up ones this doesn't happen.
you can get them here

chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 17:34:45

Thanks for all the info.

NannyL Sat 30-Jul-05 18:34:12

Ive found that no 'swimming nappy' really works witn a poo... have tried huggies little swimmers, kooshies swimming nappys, & aqua nappies (and a kooshies OVER a huggies little swimmer.

If they do a wee before in the pool i find only huggies little swimmers stop it going their down their legs, but once they are wet wee often leaks out anyway (tho i presume less than no nappy!)

despite several bad swimming pool poo experiances i would still go with huggies little swimmers (cause then pooy ones are thrown away) and if you use a kids all in one sun suit thing then that helps to contin the few bits that leak out iof the nappy also

iota Sat 30-Jul-05 18:53:02

I always used a disposable inside a reuasable.

Disposables can also be rinsed out after use, and reused several times ( only if wet - not if pooed in obviously)

Surfermum Sat 30-Jul-05 19:01:52

I'd go for disposables too because they're much easier to deal with in the event of poos! I've had to wash dd's reusable swimming nappy in the washing machine to get the poo and smell out properly. I've been using Boots and they've been fine for dd. I re-use them too having dried them out if she hasn't done a wee or poo in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now