Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

poo in pants - help, best way to clean up -! tips desperately needed here!

(22 Posts)
MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 20:11:01

Ok, dd has been potty trained for a while now and approaching 3 she took to it like a duck to water. Tonight she did a poo in her pants.

..it's fair to say the clean up mission was a disaster to put it politely. What's the best way to do it? I desperately need help. If I went through the story you'd be laughing but it's def. TMI!

Suggestions, hints and tips needed. I'm not great at poo and vomit (to say the least). If it doesn't get easier I'm resorting to thowing them away

wordgirl Tue 26-Jul-05 20:12:12

Definitely throw them away!
The retching while you try to clean them up is not worth the price of a pair of pants

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jul-05 20:12:51

hold pants inside out in the loo and flush. if its gooey, then rub while you flush. you may need to rinse them out in the sink too.

haven't you become immune by now??

Mud Tue 26-Jul-05 20:13:06

oh I remember this well - it actually took me about 4 months to work out you can get a pack of 7 pants for about £3 so if they're covered in wet poo just throw them out, if proper poo then tip it down the loo, soak them in napisan and put them in the washing machine. it is not worth the stress trying to save something that is not that much more expensive than a nappy

katymac Tue 26-Jul-05 20:13:16

Keep tight hold of pants - dip in loo & flush..if they are still dirty after that throw away....

KBear Tue 26-Jul-05 20:14:03

I bought a load of cheap pants for DS when he was having lots of accidents - 10 pairs for £2 or something - and I binned them. Can't do that washing them out thing!

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jul-05 20:14:44

soak in nappysan??

you can wash nappies at 40. a bit of poo doesn't do any harm.

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 20:17:03

Throwing them away it is then. I thought I was being pathetic to think about throwing them.

KBear Tue 26-Jul-05 20:17:38

No, money no object here!

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 20:18:02

What is napisan?

SenoraPostrophe Tue 26-Jul-05 20:24:41

naisan is disinfectant stuff for soaking anppies, but it's not necessary even for nappies.

I think it is a bit pathetic to throw them away tbh.

WigWamBam Tue 26-Jul-05 20:26:00

Pathetic it might be, but on the couple of occasions my dd presented me with very pooey knickers, I threw them away too.

Fimbo Tue 26-Jul-05 20:29:20

I was a thrower too. Tesco sell cheap pants.

Fimbo Tue 26-Jul-05 20:30:04

Or if at granny's we occasionally soaked them overnight in the bidet.

Whizzz Tue 26-Jul-05 20:34:29

Hold pooey pants with clothes peg whilst flushing in loo to prevent hands/gloves being poo covered / splashed !

Or get one of these !!

cupcakes Sat 30-Jul-05 14:56:20

if it was an occasional poo I suppose I might throw them away but when I was faced with poo pants for months on end I had to clean them. (you don't get quite so upset about the subsequent poos if they're already a bit stained )
Not the best fun in the world but they are more expensive than nappies and I couldn't bear the waste (pun not intended).

JOSIE3 Sat 30-Jul-05 15:01:39

I tipped it in the loo and soaked them in bleach (lovely white pants (and ONLY white pants lol) before washing, TBH even if there were a few clingy bits - still put them in machine on hot wash. When it happens all the time just can't buy new pants everytime.

If it's only once or twice throw them though - also good advice if you are out !!

assumedname Sat 30-Jul-05 15:02:03

I sweated blood cleaning poo out of pants, until I worked out it was cheaper to throw them out and kept me much saner!

Lonelymum Sat 30-Jul-05 15:05:44

Ds1 once pooed his pants badly when he was quite old (about 6) - basically, it was a bit loose and he left it too late. I meticulously cleaned them and washed them twice in the washing machine, but somehow, the memory of what had been in them lingered on and I ended up chucking them out even though they were thoroughly cleaned. So I would say, if it is sloppy and lots of it, wrap the pants in a plastic bag and throw them out.

But napisan is excellent. I have an old packet I haven't used in years and I put a spoonful in with my normal white wash the other day and it got rid of stains on ds1's white t-shirt that several washes haven't removed. I was amazed!

Pinotmum Sat 30-Jul-05 15:14:47

Another ote for chucking them. I tried the loo flushing routine a few times then thought about the price of a packet of pants.

NannyL Sat 30-Jul-05 18:28:42

Another fan of throwing them away here.... when you get so many for a couple of £....

i think "would i clean these if you paid me 30p..... NO, Ok ill throw them out!"

vickiyumyum Sat 30-Jul-05 18:45:48

when that young i just used to buy pants from tesco value range or primark, as they worked out about 20p a pair and then if any 'accidents' happen i would just throw them in the bin as i too cannot handle poo (nappies yes, big proper poo vomit!) i always had couple of spare pairs in my handbag, car, under the buggy, even in my pocket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now