Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do I do now???????

(6 Posts)
Nemo1977 Tue 26-Jul-05 16:04:29

I have a 21mth old who for past 3mths has hated wearing his nappy. He has now started to pull his pants off and take nappy off. He then goes and gets potty and wants to sit on it..all by his own choice..however he will sit on it for about 10mins then stand up next to it and wee or go out into the hall and wee. Thing is he still seems surprised that the wee is coming from him if u know what i mean. So where do i go for here...do i encourage him to use potty or do i leave him to do as he likes...i think the reason he seems surprised by the weeing is because the nappies are too absorbant but if i put him in underpants then they are soaked and he gets a bit upset..any tips would be much appreciated
thanks

starlover Tue 26-Jul-05 16:05:44

you could try him in training pants. terry inner and waterproof outer...
only other thing i can suggest is just keep putting him on the potty every 20 mins

Nemo1977 Tue 26-Jul-05 16:14:05

thanks starlover will give the potty a go..to be honest i dont get it out he does, we only have it as someone gave it to us but he seems very peeved at his nappies of late..lol

flamesparrow Tue 26-Jul-05 16:32:37

DD had a few days where I just put her in knickers and left her to it - we had lots of changes, but she seemed to work out that it was her weeing and making her wet and started using the potty at the right times.

Oliviab Thu 28-Jul-05 16:11:12

Give it a week or so of no pants at all, sit him on an old towel on top of a carrier bag in the carseat, and take spare clothes and nappysacks everywhere you go. My dd wasn't showing as many signs as your ds when I had to pottytrain her at 24m (her little brother needed to move into her nappies desperately!) and it just clicked after 10days of wiping up wee. Just use nappies at bedtime.
If it works, take him to choose his own big boy pants as a reward and incentive to keep them dry.

Sugarmag Fri 29-Jul-05 07:34:37

Nemo - the training pants suggestion sounds like a good one - or try something like Huggies pullups. They're not quite as absorbent as regular nappies and the patterns on the front disappear when they've weed.

I have a 25 month old who asks for the toilet and does wees and poos in the toilet - and when he does he says 'i do wee in toilet'. So he knows what he's doing. But he only does this once every few days. The rest of the time he just uses his nappy. The thing is, he's starting to complain about nappies as well - when i try to change him lately he shouts - no nappy, no nappy! I found toilet training dd so hard that I'm afraid to start with him - it's easier just to keep them in nappies. He's probably ready for at least a trial run but I think I'm going to need a lot of moral support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now