Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone tried Feel & Learn Nappies?

(29 Posts)
mandymoo Sun 24-Jul-05 20:06:00

If so, what are they like??

marne Sun 24-Jul-05 20:11:35

I saw them in the shops the other day, havnt used them though, how do they work?

Yorkiegirl Sun 24-Jul-05 20:13:01

Message withdrawn

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 20:13:09

Would love to know too.

I have seen the ones with Toy Story characters on but they look like boys ones's. Does anyone think they'll be ok for a girl?

Tissy Sun 24-Jul-05 20:27:10

OMG, now I've seen it all.....disposable nappies that feel wet!!! What an innovation.....what more could a potty training child ask for!

they seem to do Dora the Explorer!

misdee Sun 24-Jul-05 20:28:50

must be listening to the thing about cotton clad bums being potty training quicker.

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 20:30:36

Awww they're too big for dd. Thats a bit of a nightmare. She's only 22lb!

starlover Sun 24-Jul-05 20:32:58

pmsl
isn't it cheaper to buy washable trainer pants??????

Tissy Sun 24-Jul-05 20:48:20

precisely!

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 20:50:28

Yes but they might, just might make the whole process of potty training that bit quicker/easier.

Tissy Sun 24-Jul-05 20:53:06

That is what you're supposed to think, nbg. What a waste of money! My dd went straight from cloth nappies to pants when she was ready, without even needing trainer pants. I know I was lucky, but if you need a trainer pant that can absorb a bladder full, then your child is probably not ready to train!

Yorkiegirl Sun 24-Jul-05 20:54:50

Message withdrawn

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 20:55:25

I am a sucker for new products though!

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 20:57:17

I know the pull up novelty of them won't work as we've used them since she was 6 months because she wouldn't stay still to change her.

I did try her the other day with no clothes and she just didn't get it at all. The next day I put some normal pants on and she weed in them all so she's obviously not ready.

Orinoco Sun 24-Jul-05 20:57:33

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Sun 24-Jul-05 21:52:26

IME these products do nothing except empty your bank account, DS 1 and 2 trained when they were physically and mentally ready, with DS1 we tried every product and DS2 didnt bother and DS2 was actually quicker as we weren't confusing him with unnecessaries all the time.

eidsvold Tue 26-Jul-05 00:58:51

unless like my dd1 - you have sn and need to work on your physical prompt - these would be fab - shame they don't sell pampers in Aus.

colditz Tue 26-Jul-05 01:08:13

if you want your toddler to feel wet when they wee, buy the cheapest, most crappy nappies you can find. Poundland do some that are £1 for 20. I've never bought them, they look very....erm... wet!

wendywoos Fri 05-Aug-05 12:08:37

I got some for my little girl (19 months) from tescos, they are doing them buy one get one free. I took me a while to find them as they wern't with pampers other stuff they were down by the huggies training pants. They do wirk as Emily tells me shes done a wee in these, as she did pants too, but doesn't say it in normal pampers. They are really soft too.

jane313 Fri 05-Aug-05 12:19:38

My son would want the dora ones though. Why do they think she is only for girls

pootlepod Fri 05-Aug-05 13:50:12

Just a thought, would something like a piece of kitchen towel/loo roll as a liner in a normal nappy work? Would that give a 'wet' feeling? If so, it would be a lot cheaper.

NannyL Fri 05-Aug-05 23:50:51

Im sure they are 'pampers trainers' which used to be around about 12 years ago.... they could feel wet as well

anyone remeber them

wendywoos Sat 06-Aug-05 09:01:13

Emily has been using them two days now, but I have noticed some fairly red nappy rash. I guess its because the wee doesn't draw away as quick.

SoupDragon Sat 06-Aug-05 09:11:46

I think they have their place - we used pull ups for DS1 between training attempts so that we didn't go completely back on what little he had grasped. Also used them at night so both DSs could go to the toilet if they woke up but wouldn't wet the bed if they didn't.

Apart from that, both went from disposable to proper pants. I don't think pull ups are great for ^actual" potty training.

I'm sure putting some sort of tissue or ordinary cotton fabric in would work just as well tbh.

NannyL Sat 06-Aug-05 10:56:02

soup dragon im sure your absolutely right.... ive never heard of that....

if you want them to feel wet add small piece of cotton / linen and wash it!

GREAT IDEA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now