Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone tried Green Baby Snug-to-Fit ?

(14 Posts)
hungryhippo Sun 24-Jul-05 18:59:50

I'm looking for a nappy that will keep my 6 month old DS dry overnight (in size 2 tots bots atm, but leaking a bit by the morning.) Green baby have got a sale on and I like the look of these nappies... anyone tried them?

Feffi Mon 25-Jul-05 19:36:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maisiemog Tue 26-Jul-05 09:43:32

Hi Hippo, I had a look at them - they look like Popolini Ultrafit to me - to see a review for PUs look at my nappy review .
I don't think flannel is more absorbent than terry.
Have you tried boosting the nappy with hemp or a microfibre cloth?

hungryhippo Tue 26-Jul-05 20:45:05

Feffi, I was using the Tots fleece wrap, but he's started sleeping on his tummy and with the fleece wraps he wakes up with his front all soaking wet... not nice!

Maisiemog what is a microfibre cloth? I'm using a fleece-topped booster atm which I bought from a local Nappuccino - not sure what make.

maisiemog Tue 26-Jul-05 21:30:15

Hi hippo,
I have read that if a baby sits too long in a fleece wrap it can leak?
I recommend a wool wrap for nights, they don't leak very often and only need washing once in a long while. You only need one for night and just let it air during the day.
Microfibre cloths are like this . It took me ages to find a good photo.
YOu can buy them in loads of shops from Lidl and Poundies to Sainsbury and B&Q. A lot of car care shops have them, like halfords.
They are supposed to absorb up to 10x their weight in liquid.
Do a search on this forum and you will find many opinions on the best microfibre cloth.

Feffi Tue 26-Jul-05 21:42:24

maisiemog Wed 27-Jul-05 14:41:53

It's on!!
I put Feffi next to it, so you would know it was you/me that wrote it.
It's here at the top of the page.
YOu just click on comments.

Feffi Wed 27-Jul-05 15:48:12

flamesparrow Wed 27-Jul-05 15:50:13

Ooooooooooooh! I use the microfibre thingies as dish cloths cos they dry really quick!!!

maisiemog Wed 27-Jul-05 18:40:14

Me too! I didn't want to give up any of my nappy cloths, but I got fed up with skanky old j-cloths. Poo.

hungryhippo Thu 28-Jul-05 22:06:49

Thanks Maisiemog, will def give microfibre cloths a try! Stil need to ponder the nappy choice...

maisiemog Fri 29-Jul-05 01:27:20

I'm just about to try some new hemp nappies, which are more absorbent than cotton, so I'll let you know how I get on.
There are some very cute nappies over at Pitter Patter Nappies, that I have just ordered. Have a look , they are terry stuffable nappies, so you could stick in microfibre cloths and maybe a hemp booster for nights.
They are called basic nappies and you can buy 2 for around £9, depends on size.

maisiemog Fri 29-Jul-05 01:29:52

Oh that link is a bit rubbish - to see the nappies click on 'in stock' on the left, and the nappies are at the top of the page.
There are some gorgeous wraps further down the page, check out the lilac one. Bit too girly for the ds - I draw a line at a dolly button and lilac bows.

hungryhippo Mon 01-Aug-05 20:54:12

Looks too good to be true Let me know how you get on!
Have realised I have a small problem with nappy buying, as have not had DS weighed for 3 months so am not sure what size nappy he needs! Will have to force myself to go to clinic this week .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now