Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Soaking wet baby - help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(18 Posts)
Tessiebear Sun 24-Jul-05 10:37:40

My 2 week old baby sleeps on his side at night and every time he wakes for a feed (LOADS OF TIMES) he is soaking wet down the side that he has slept on.
I am having to change his nappy and sleepsuit and sheet and blanket about 4 times a night.
He wears pampers baby dry (!) btw.
He is a boy so i pressume that whatever side he lays on (he finds this position even though i put him to sleep on his back) his willy falls a certain way in his nappy causing the leaks.
Any advice appreciated please

stacijc Sun 24-Jul-05 10:40:21

make sure he is...erm...pointing downwards when u put his nappy on...make sure its tight enough, try changing brands if it carries on.

Also to save you changing blankets all teh time when u make up his cot lay an extra blanket over the bottom sheet, all u will have to do is swap that over. if hes wking lots of times it may coz he is wet rather than hungry too

Tessiebear Sun 24-Jul-05 10:46:42

true stacijc!!
I have made sure he is pointing down (stuck with Sudocreme!!!)
Have just sent DH out for a different brand of nappies.
I also did the blanket thing last night - so at least the sheet was dry this morning (well dry-ish!)

ScrewballMuppet Sun 24-Jul-05 10:50:36

I found with my two boys after trying every brand that Boots nappies were the best, as they fitted like pampers but were snugger so no or very few leakages.
We changed over as they got older but would definately reccommend them for younger babies

hunkermunker Sun 24-Jul-05 10:51:14

Try Tesco nappies.

Aragon Sun 24-Jul-05 10:51:56

Try a differnt brand of nappy for a couple of weeks. We found that swapping nappy brands when this happened to us worked well. We kept the old nappies and often found that with weight gain a few weeks later the problem was solved.

Tessiebear Sun 24-Jul-05 11:15:40

Hunkermunker - my DH has just got the Tesco ones to try
He is just over 10 pounds - so is just on the edge of the weight limit for certain brands of nappies.

Tessiebear Sun 24-Jul-05 11:16:18

Will try the Boots ones if these dont work!!

alison222 Sun 24-Jul-05 11:18:22

Try them all until you find one the right shape as they all fit slightly differently. I foiund huggies worked on my two

Tessiebear Sun 24-Jul-05 11:20:14

Its funny - i avoided Huggies because they never "fitted" my other two - prehaps worth a try on this one!

eldestgirl Sun 24-Jul-05 11:32:57

Small boys who feed a lot, do massive wees, and the nappy can't absorb it all at once, so it finds an exit and soaks through to their clothes etc.
Maybe try changing brands to a smaller nappy with better fitting legholes and waistband. Try Huggies? They seem to work on my skinny boys.
Or try boosting the nappy by tucking a folded muslin/hanky/flannel inside.
Agree with stacijc, put a towel or something on the bottom half of the bed so you don;t need to keep changing it. You're tired enough as it is without so much laundry!
hth

eldestgirl Sun 24-Jul-05 11:33:48

Great minds think alike...

colditz Sun 24-Jul-05 12:04:35

I found buying a larger size nappy and using a snug fitting popper vest was effective for my leaky little boy.

stacijc Sun 24-Jul-05 20:22:19

eldest girl!

We use tescos with our youngest apparently they are made by huggies or such was the rumour anyway.

hunkermunker Sun 24-Jul-05 20:23:04

They're nicer than Huggies though - no rough edges!

fireflyfairy2 Sun 24-Jul-05 20:25:17

Motherease never ever had a wet bed whilst ds was wearing a cloth nappy.

But if you have a LIDL near you, their nappies are on offer atm and my best frined buys them, last day we were at hers and stayed longer than i expected my DS ebded up wearing a LIDL nappy, and i was very impressed..and they're much much cheaper than the rest

starlover Sun 24-Jul-05 20:35:25

agree with fireflyfairy2!

cloth is the best! we never have leaks eitger and ds pees for britain!

Tessiebear Mon 25-Jul-05 12:33:37

Tesco's nappies are great - Last night we had a "leak - free" night!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now