Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone else not that impressed by Tots

(34 Posts)
Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 10:46:58

I've been using two size 2 tots for my dd at night with a ME wrap. Twice they have actually come undone in the night and seem quite small with the necessary boosting of a booster, microfibre cloth and fleece liner.
I haven't received my weewonders nappy yet but was wondering if these are better for night.

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Jul-05 10:49:01

Message withdrawn

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 10:49:12

Chuffed, I'm horrifed that you feel you need TWO size 2 tots
You have aplix don't you? I'm not surprised the outer one comes off.
I'm afraid that if I was having that kind of trouble with nappies at night I'd have given up by now.
What I can't understand is why?

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 10:49:58

I really think you must only need one nappy at night.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 23-Jul-05 10:51:05

i use one tots and a fleece liner and a ME wrap at night and have absolutely no problems whatsoever

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 10:53:30

I have only been using one at a time...

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 10:54:14

it didn't leak last night but did come undone again and just wondered if anybody else had had them not fit properly.

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Jul-05 10:57:12

Message withdrawn

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 10:58:49

it did sort of keep the nappy in place as it didn't leak they just don't seem to be as great as what everybody says.

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 10:58:51

I guess you have aplix and aplix ME wrap. Any chance dd takes it off herself? Dd does. So I have to use poppers at night.
Maybe your nappy is stuffed too full for your nappy?

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 10:59:48

Chuffed - That's blasphemous!

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Jul-05 11:00:23

Message withdrawn

SenoraPostrophe Sat 23-Jul-05 11:03:18

2 nappies? of course you're having problems.

I tots with a booster was always enough for dd in the morning.

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 11:06:20

No Senora, I think she meant one at a time.

maisiemog Sat 23-Jul-05 12:39:08

Chuffed, have you thought about putting a wool wrap over the top, instead of a PUL wrap - she won't get that off, if it's a pull on type. I think if you use that you won't need more than one booster.
If you think you need two boosters at night, you could always put one outside the nappy, in the wrap, at least that way the nappy won't be over stuffed and hopefully the aplix will stay fastened.
Or there's always nippa tots, they are much more adjustable.
Or there are those fab new peeweez birth to potty nappies.

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 17:47:42

Thanks everyone, she has a popper ME wrap so it isn't being undone, hence no leaks and it is saturated by morning with the two boosters.
The natural one seems to work better than the white one so maybe I'll send the white one back.
Try a couple of wee notions with a booster inside pocket with the ME wrap.

hana Sat 23-Jul-05 18:06:55

wee notions are fab for night, I've got a couple and would love to buy more. Have to wait until I'm back to work
as good as tots at night if not better!

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 18:44:04

Personally, I like bumbles as night time nappies. I never needed anything extra. I have a stacinator wrap which is just fab for night time

Chuffed - I really hope you find something that works for you. I don't understand why you are having these problems, I know the unbleached tot is definately more abosrbant than the others, no question.

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 19:01:30

MrsD does your dh manage the bumble as the nippa is a bit offputting but it is something I could swap the white tots for with babykind.

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 21:12:01

Honestly, the nappy nippa is EASY really it is.
Dh is probably one of the most ham-fisted blokes I have ever come across but' hell change dd nappy no-problem Honestly, the nappy nippa really isn't an issue.
Apparently nurseries don't like them, mine didn't. But then they only saw them once!

And there is something soooo satisfying about using a nappy nippa. Anyone else agree?

flowerfairy Sat 23-Jul-05 21:36:45

Yes I like my nippas, and mil and my mum cope well wtih them when they look after ds.

I think they're less bulky across the front, I always felt the aplix didn't give a snug fit across the tummy/waist. Especially as ds sleeps on tummy with bum in the air.lol.

Chuffed Sat 23-Jul-05 22:29:21

MrsD I'm ordering a bumbles will put the ME wrap on it. I'll then have 1 tots, 1 bumble and 1 wee notions to see which I like.
I'm proud to say for just over a week now dd has slept in tots at night and I only own 2 pairs so have given them a reasonable go. dd has been in washables as much as possible at the mo but she will have to go back to throw aways again when we start travelling in a month

MrsDoolittle Sat 23-Jul-05 22:57:02

Oh that's a good choice Chuffed. I hope it works out for you.
Look at this as a night-time wrap - it's great!

Yorkiegirl Sun 24-Jul-05 08:50:33

Message withdrawn

vkone Sun 24-Jul-05 12:38:34

wow, i love the look of these and poppers too. I've had a hell of a job finding a cheaper fleece wrap with poppers (ended up with 2 2nd hand nappysaurus wraps, but they don't mkae them anymore). Has anyone tried one yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now